Is this your aquascape?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban
Is this your aquascape??

George Farmer brought a website to my attention a few weeks ago that was using one of my aquascapes for their site. Not only did they not credit me, but they obviously removed my water mark. I contacted them and they told me the source of their images. They have since removed the images.

So, here is the source where they got my image....

http://www.aquarium-gardening.com/re...php?category=6

I see an awful lot of familiar layouts on this page with no credits. The fact that they are making money off of our work is terrible. I wrote them a letter about my layout, I encourage you all to do that same.

jB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
This is bad, I also recognize many, including this one that I think is Jeff Senske's tank he had the gorgeous german blue rams in?

Isn't this your image, it is still there.

I think this is someone's on here as well, I can't remember who though.

With that said, if it was done correctly giving people credit, it is an interesting idea to use great scapes and sell packages of plants to allow people to recreate them.

-Andrew
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
Here is another example, Oliver Knott's scape used to sell UG here.

-Andrew

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Oy. Someone could get into some serious legal trouble.

-Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hill View Post
This is bad, I also recognize many, including this one that I think is Jeff Senske's tank he had the gorgeous german blue rams in?

Isn't this your image, it is still there.

I think this is someone's on here as well, I can't remember who though.

With that said, if it was done correctly giving people credit, it is an interesting idea to use great scapes and sell packages of plants to allow people to recreate them.

-Andrew
Yeah, its mine. I was talking about another site that had mine. They took it down and told me about this one I linked....dirt bags. Haha

jB
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
You ought to take this over to UKAPS.org. You could give them a good black eye over there.

I have had this kind of thing appear three times already that I know of. I have started to watermark right across the middle of my important images.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
This is one of the nice thing about being unskilled in aquascapeing. I don't have to worry about people stealing my pictures.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
I would mention theft is the most sincere form of flattery, but then I see that they rate your tank as "easy"

My new aspiration is to get good enough to have my images ripped off too.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
Quote:
My new aspiration is to get good enough to have my images ripped off too.
Same here
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)
I don't get it - they're selling plant kits "paint by numbers" style to recreate aquascapes from photos ripped off the 'net? That's both bizarre and noobish, for vendor and client.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Im going after the webdesigner....they are usually they ones that have more "motivation" to remove it.

Domain Name: AQUARIUM-GARDENING.COM
Registrar: BB ONLINE UK LTD
Whois Server: whois.nominate.net
Referral URL: http://www.nominate.net

jB
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
I don't get it - they're selling plant kits "paint by numbers" style to recreate aquascapes from photos ripped off the 'net? That's both bizarre and noobish, for vendor and client.

Well, noobish for sure, but it's a good way to learn. It's easier to try to copy someone's scape than come up with your own, so it takes the pressure off while you are learning how to get plants to grow in the shape you want them.

__
__
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Quote:
This is one of the nice thing about being unskilled in aquascapeing. I don't have to worry about people stealing my pictures.
HAHA i'm on the same boat as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhart View Post
Well, noobish for sure, but it's a good way to learn. It's easier to try to copy someone's scape than come up with your own, so it takes the pressure off while you are learning how to get plants to grow in the shape you want them.
You can never copy a scape completely. And if you're a beginner who's purchasing one of those packages, you're probably expecting your aquarium to look as good as the one pictured (didn't we all at first?). I think it's a way to deceive people, to be honest. I think anyone who would purchase one of those packages would be expecting for it to be a "plug-n'-play" thing. Get the plants, pop them in the dirt, done. I shall have a beautiful aquarium, just like the one in the picture! But i may be wrong.

Anyway, sorry to hear that your photos were used without your permission. I hope you get it all worked out.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode