• 1 Post By ipkiss
  • 1 Post By Discusluv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Other forums?

Let me start off by saying two things:
1. Mods, I understand if you shut down this thread.
2. I love this forum; it has been the only regular forum I've gone on, since getting back into the aquarium hobby about four years ago.

However, my interests are focused much more on fish than on plants, so sometimes, I feel somewhat left out here. Unfortunately, the other fish forums I've discovered don't have nearly the traffic that TPT does, so they are much less dynamic forums.

To get to my question: Do any of you frequent other forums that would be worth visiting on a daily basis? Or even a two or three time a day basis, like I visit here? I feel like a betrayer of sorts for even asking this, but I hope you all understand.
redavalanche and redavalanche like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I felt the same way. Any particular type/group of fish you'd like a forum to base around?

Searching for groups on Facebook, they have a pretty active "forum"/group. And the cool thing is you just create that one FB account to access all the groups instead of creating an account for each forum.
Leeatl and Leeatl like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 06:19 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Monsterfishkeepers and AquariumAdvice for general needs, www.PRAquatics.com/forums for the nitty gritty talk with the smart people
Leeatl, Leeatl and Discusluv like this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterLife View Post
I felt the same way. Any particular type/group of fish you'd like a forum to base around?

Searching for groups on Facebook, they have a pretty active "forum"/group. And the cool thing is you just create that one FB account to access all the groups instead of creating an account for each forum.
If you're holding me to specific fish on which to focus a forum, I'd pick South American of all sorts, but nothing in particular. That's part of the problem, there seems to be too many specialized forums not generating a lot of traffic, combine them all, and it would quite a dynamic forum.

I'm not a fan of facebook. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassengerTN View Post
Monsterfishkeepers and AquariumAdvice for general needs, www.PRAquatics.com/forums for the nitty gritty talk with the smart people

Thanks! I'll go check these out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 01:02 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
We're just too good here That's why we get all the traffic!

But all kidding aside, yes, I do frequent quite a few resources myself even when it gets quiet here! You do present a valid point, we here are very plant centric, so it's understandable that you're searching.

And I can't imagine the reef guys sticking around on here for their reef fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterLife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by delika View Post
The presence of forums saves many who want to have a fish or animals at home. It would be interesting to create an application in your phone. Such a guide to care for pets.
Tapatalk on the mobile device does a pretty good job of sort of merging all your forums. Doesn't get around the problem of having to create an account for each forum though. Facebook's formatting of how conversations go annoy me too but good groups are on there. Good enough to bring me back to facebook after a few years of hiatus. Group browsing and participation is the only thing I use it for now.

@Discusluv , I think your input is requested! I know you've mentioned a few places in the past.

So, go, have adventures. Just remember where "home" is!
Discusluv likes this.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Praaquatics- best General fish care advice on net. It is a small forum as yet- still growing. But many very knowledgeable folks who have been in fish- keeping for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ipkiss likes this.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:04 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
i tried to visit the link to http://www.praquatics.com/forums but it says it cant find the site. anyone else having this issue?

ah nvm. its https://praquatics.com/forums/home/ now.

Last edited by Starwarsfan; 05-18-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi @longgonedaddy,

You might want to check out the forum Fishlore.com

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:06 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I second fishlore.com Lot's of traffic and very active forums.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode