The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My 10 Gallon Medium-Tech PFR and SS/SSS CRS Tank
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
CRS Fan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 10 Gallon Medium-Tech PFR and SS/SSS CRS Tank

Good Evening.

My name is Stuart AND I'm addicted to CO2. I decided to rescape one of my 10 gallon tanks and make it a Painted Fire Red Cherry Tank. So.... I removed and rehomed all livestock, flora, and hardscape. Found some new rocks, added some ADA II and decided to grow Glosso as the focus plant.

It has ADA I and II as substrate, Metricide 14 dosed as a carbon source (and eventually pressurized CO2), and EI dosing.

Currently it is being filtered by a Eheim Ecoo 2234 and lit by 2-13W Spiral Compact Phillips 6500K bulbs from Home Depot (that are housed in a standard incandescent light fixture).

I have the photoperiod at 9 hours/day and let the glosso grow in without any livestock for a couple weeks. So literally I spent an afternoon systematically trimming and replanting the glosso. NOTE TO SELF: Never do a glosso carpet again because it was a EXTREMELY TEDIOUS to trim and plant.

Here are some rough photos of the newly planted tank from November 21, 2010 (I still have other plants to add). My apologies for the murky water. I hope you enjoy.

I will update with some newer shots in the next several posts I make.

Thanks for looking

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome