Show us your Dog! (or other pets!) - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
Nice! We had a mismarked ragdoll (Sealpoint bicolor) that was the best cat. 22 pounds of squishy, affectionate, laid back goofball. Unfortunately he developed kidney problems and we had to put him down. I'm more into dogs, but that cat was awesome.

~June
2500g koi pond, 56g community tank, 29g community tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool!

I'm a dog guy more than cats, but not by much. These cats are pretty great. We have another one named diego and hes a chocolate. Hes getting over 30lbs! hes got a big frame to him, but hes also just plane ole obese haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

post #48 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)
Here is our 11 year old dog "Cookie". Hes part Shih tzu, part doofus...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	042.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	37487  

My 65g jungle October rain

post #49 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
My two dogs Khufu and Fqira
Attached Images

post #50 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Algae Grower

Sebille (Sebi), his name means Fairy in --fairy language--

RIP my last bun, she was a B****! but she was a cuddle bug in bed.

shelter dog. friend adopted her as a relationship puppy, they broke up, i took her, i couldnt keep her at that time, so sister took her. i have joint custody though (: and have her on weekends. dane/lab mix thats fought mange since birth. she was gonna be put down at the shelter...hundreds later were still fighting the mange

devil cat...literally. she will corner you and attack you. i raised her from birth after her mom abandoned her.

rescue dog...took 4 months of meds to battle kennel cough that turned to ammonia and diereha and he put on 20lbs in two weeks and still needs to gain weight. poor guy was messed up. dk if hed ever been in a house, at a year, wasnt potty trained and skittsh bad.

also have 2 other cats...no pics atm though. both rescues. one from high kill shelter, other from someone who let their dog attack it, her ear was nearly torn off.

20g: Under Construction...
40b SW: False-perc, Target Mandarin. SPS.LPS.Softies.
58g SW: Yellow Watchman Goby, Copperband Butterfly, Scopas Tang. SPS.LPS.
+ 2 cats, a dog, and a bunneh
post #51 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
kalawai, I LOVE Salukis! Yours are beautiful, as are all the pets here : )
fuzz, I have a devil cat too. Do you have trouble at the vets? Mine wants to kill them all...
Here's my red devil cat - Taz - she was found in a dumpster at about 4 weeks old. I've had her since she was 6 weeks.

The black cat - Zazu - was adopted from a no kill shelter. Both are now 9 yrs old.

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds

The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank

post #52 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Algae Grower

Taz just has that devil look! I reconize it! haha

and i dont take her to vets. I do all my own vaccs on rabies...everytime we take her to vets she gets so stressed she gets EXTREMELY sick. she disappeared for a week, found her cold surrounded by vomit and peed and pooped on herself. She has thyroid issues that flare badly whenever i take her from the house. hence why she doesnt live with me...i move too much, too much stress here with the kids. She is pretty messed up all over, shes 10 though and going strong, if not super fat lol

post #53 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)
I finally found another older pets thread... https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lo...ther-pets.html

My 65g jungle October rain
post #54 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Algae Grower

never seen a saluki in person...always wanted one till i met a borzoi...sighthounds are so beautiful to me for some reason..my friend just sees an annorexic dog lol. love them.

post #55 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Doesn't a Borzoi gait just drive you wild? That bouncing trot they have - love it. I'm a huge fan of sighthounds too - although I grew up with Dobermans and my last dog was a GSD - the smartest, sweetest creature I've ever known. When I was 5 my parents got me a rescue dog - an adult tri-color collie. She was awesome, and it set me on the animal living path I'm on today. My parents thought every child should have pets - sadly for me, they also thought every child should learn an intrument. My torture was piano, and I hate the sound of one to this day - lol.
fuzz, once you see the look of the devil in a cat's face, you never forget it - lol I recognized it in your cat immediately! LOL
I have to take my cat to the vet's about every two weeks for treatment for an autoimmune mouth ulcer - she gets a non-contact laser treatment. She's fine if they let me hold her, but they can't handle her. My vet's are a husband & wife team - the wife won't let me in the treatment room and is rough with the cat pinning her down with a towel. The husband understands the fear in a feral rescue cat and it was his idea for me to be in the room, holding her. Needless to say I only go on his days and we have no problems...

post #56 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 AM
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)
Here's ruby, she's a red doberman rescue that was found with her brother in a sack tossed into a river in wyoming. Turns out she had a liver shunt (a condition where an artery grows linking the liver directly to the heart, which causes many problems, including growth issues) and that was probably the reason the breeder decided to toss them. She was found by a bus full of hippies and brought to oregon where she had surgery to remove the shunt. She then made her way up to snoqualmie, washington to be involved in a program where kids in prison train dogs. That's where I adopted her from.

Here's Gin, we found her and her brother Tonic running down the highway where I work in the middle of winter (a high of 17 fahrenheit that day). They had no tags, no microchip, and were full of internal and external parasites and emaciated. When we got them home, they pooped out bits of plastic bags, styrofoam and other miscellaneous garbage, but after a few months and a few trips to the vet, they were plump, vaccinated, microchipped and fixed.

Here's a picture of all the dogs together, you can see Tonic in there he's the other blue merle daschund, and then Scotch, which is the brown daschund:

Here's our cats, meowmeowkitchymeow on the left, and meowzer on the right:

Here's tonic and some random dude:

post #57 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Is that random dude you?
I love purebreds as much as anyone (having had a few, & I used to do dog shows as a vendor) but I really love all the successful rescues we have here!

post #58 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
Dizzy,

Attack Bird Pippy, He is just an angry bird.

Two of the four kittens that were dropped off at our place two weeks ago.

A few of the other girls
post #59 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
Doesn't a Borzoi gait just drive you wild? That bouncing trot they have - love it. I'm a huge fan of sighthounds too - although I grew up with Dobermans and my last dog was a GSD - the smartest, sweetest creature I've ever known. When I was 5 my parents got me a rescue dog - an adult tri-color collie. She was awesome, and it set me on the animal living path I'm on today. My parents thought every child should have pets - sadly for me, they also thought every child should learn an intrument. My torture was piano, and I hate the sound of one to this day - lol.
fuzz, once you see the look of the devil in a cat's face, you never forget it - lol I recognized it in your cat immediately! LOL
I have to take my cat to the vet's about every two weeks for treatment for an autoimmune mouth ulcer - she gets a non-contact laser treatment. She's fine if they let me hold her, but they can't handle her. My vet's are a husband & wife team - the wife won't let me in the treatment room and is rough with the cat pinning her down with a towel. The husband understands the fear in a feral rescue cat and it was his idea for me to be in the room, holding her. Needless to say I only go on his days and we have no problems...
sad to say the only sighthound ive seen in person move faster than a well-trained walk was a greyhound..at the dog park he walked up next to me and i was amazed at his size. i had a 160lbs dane/pit mix and he was tall, but the skinny made this guy look bigger! and when he took off there was this giant thud on the ground, made an impression. that dog could RUN
i grew up with pets, but my parents didnt think we should. i snuck a rabbit home, thats how i got one (: now im on my own, its nice to be able to have the pets. my 3 year old wakes up every morning askin for milk, and then telling me she is going to feed the cats. (: and she feeds the rabbit and fills up his bottle. she sucks at cleaning her room but when it comes to the pets im glad she steps up!

and that is so sad about your cat, i can imagine its stressful and heart wrenching when he cries and your just tryin to do whats best.

post #60 of 242 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

It was heart wrenching - she doesn't cry, she's a demon. She gives that spitting/hissing thing I call "spissing" and she lashes out like lightning. She's not declawed. She laid one of the tech's fingers open for 3" one time. She bites the laser and I was afraid she's break a tooth. But if she doesn't get the treatment it won't stop spreading, and once it starts it spreads as fast as lightning too. (it's called rodent ulcer but it has nothing to do with rodents)
She's only acting out because she's scared - whatever her experiences were as a newborn and being tossed into the dumpster did it's work on her.
Now she's on an 1/8 of a tablet of clomacalm (may have misspelled it) and I give her travel carrier a spritz of synthetic hormone before we go. She's basically fine since I see the husband & he lets me hold her. She growls a little and that's it. She even let him pet her all around the head & chin last time! (I was so proud of him for being brave enough to try - lol). He & I feel the every two weeks treatment - even if she doesn't have the ulcer at that time - will desensitize her to the whole thing and it seems to be working. They only charge me $25 each time which is a break (but still hard on me), it's normally $45.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode