Finally Joining from the Boston Suburbs - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
ED3

PTrader: (0/0%)
Finally Joining from the Boston Suburbs

Hey everyone,

My name is Eddie and I'm a geneticist/food science/brewer who has been keeping aquariums of various sizes and types since I recieved a 55 gallon community freshwater fish tank from my father when I was 5 years old. I wouldn't stop begging for a fish tank so he worked out a deal with the local fish store that he could return the setup after 6 weeks if I didn't take care of it. Come to find out I was so immediately obsessed with the fish tank that by the time I left for college half of our basement had shelves of breeding tanks, a 300 gallon Silver Arowana dominated predatory fish tank, a 75 gallon heavily planted discus tank, a 55 gallon red belly piranha tank and a 90 gallon reef. Now, most of those have been sold as life carried on and I lost the time to care for everything in college and grad school and on top of that I started a brewery so until recently there hasn't been time to have any sort of aquariums I thought would be worth sharing .

I currently have a 20 gallon (H) soon to be reef tank with a pair of clown fish and a UNS rimless 20 gallon planted "pond" aquarium.

I'll be posting a build thread later o today with details on the pond and my plans for two more planted tanks, one of which will be fairly unique. I attached two pictures of the pond from earlier this week (it has only been cycled and planted for a month now).

Eddie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120864196_384888169335491_6514952135822527004_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	904007  

Click image for larger version

Name:	120891633_445552633072152_5731405380790116864_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	904009  

Current Setups:

-20H Saltwater Reef with 2 perc. clownfish (corals coming soon)

-20 gallon shallow freshwater pond with 2 "Triple Red" Apistogramma cacatuoides, 1 male Halfmoon Betta, 4 Panda cory cats, 1 clown pleco. 1 big snail and a mess of plants.

In Planning:

-20L "Triple Red" Apistogramma cacatuoides breeding tank

-5 gal Rimless Cube shrimp and predatory plant aquarium/terrarium

In real life I brew beer and mess around with yeast and hop genetics

Last edited by ED3; 10-11-2020 at 07:19 PM. Reason: wrong gallons

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode