Ken Keating 1 Daughter's - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 01:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Oh No! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences. We will all miss him dearly, but surely, it pales in comparison with what you feel.
deeda, Greggz, zivvel and 2 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 07:47 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. He will definitely be missed here.
Greggz, zivvel and Econde like this.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 05:09 PM
Algae Grower

I didn't know him personally but it looks like he left his mark on many...and a good one. So sorry for your loss.

Omid
Greggz, zivvel and Discusluv like this.

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 03:30 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
I never met Ken, but I felt like I knew him on some level. He was a positive force on this forum. I have studied his photos / diagrams for hours, and I have been inspired by his work to improve my own methods. I even built a replica of his CO2 reactor which I use on my largest tank, and he helped me do it.

Girls, your post brought tears to my eyes for two reasons. First, I am saddened about your father passing. Second, your taking up care of the tank and all that goes with it is deeply touching.

We're here for you.
deeda, DanG, Greggz and 5 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I made this succulent arrangement for the girls and his wife Nancy in sympathy from all of us ó-Kenís The Planted Tank Family.
The succulents can be misted and taken off pumpkin in a couple months and planted. A living arrangement that I think would have appealed to Ken.
My heart has been heavy these past couple of days in thoughts of him. He was a strong light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFLbQcbH..._web_copy_link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
deeda, DanG, Hendy8888 and 9 others like this.

Amy

Last edited by Discusluv; 09-18-2020 at 05:44 PM. Reason: picture
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 05:40 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Discusluv, very thoughtful and beautiful arrangement for Ken's family.
DanG, zivvel and Discusluv like this.

Dee
Eheim Pimpette #270
Eheim Pro II 2028; Classics Series -2215, 2217, 2260, 2262; Pro 2229 Wet/Dry
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 05:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeda View Post
Discusluv, very thoughtful and beautiful arrangement for Ken's family.
Thank you. I wanted something from all of us.
deeda, DanG, ipkiss and 3 others like this.

Amy
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 12:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (35/100%)
My sincerest condolences.
deeda and Econde like this.

20 Gallon jungle tank
2 Gallon Sparkling Gourami underworld
2 Gallon jungle val madness bowl

RAOK CLUB #0
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 07:18 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
I made this succulent arrangement for the girls and his wife Nancy in sympathy from all of us ó-Kenís The Planted Tank Family.
The succulents can be misted and taken off pumpkin in a couple months and planted. A living arrangement that I think would have appealed to Ken.
My heart has been heavy these past couple of days in thoughts of him. He was a strong light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFLbQcbH..._web_copy_link
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very thoughtful of you Amy! And I am sure very appreciated by many of us in the Planted Tank Family - me included.
Your arrangement is very impressive.
deeda, DanG, Greggz and 2 others like this.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 08:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Very thoughtful of you Amy! And I am sure very appreciated by many of us in the Planted Tank Family - me included.
Your arrangement is very impressive.
Thank you!
deeda, Econde and Grobbins48 like this.

Amy
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 05:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/98%)
I want to say,
have a good rest, ken.

and,

Amy, some of your dad's legacy had been forever printed in this forum.
zivvel, burr740, Econde and 1 others like this.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 03:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

The lovely Keating girls came by to pick up their pumpkin arrangement from Ken's Planted Tank family. They wanted me to send you their appreciation. It is very special to them that they can come here and read their dads words, see his passion for the hobby, and witness the relationships that he built here.

When they came, we talked about their maintaining their dad's tank. They described trimming Ken's plants for the first time!!~ how nervous they were that they would trim too much.
But, they have watched their dad do it many times, and those things stay in memory even when you think they dont. They did just fine.

Im just amazed how Ken's girls are diving in and keeping this tank going despite its complexity! I mean, Ken took me for a tour of his system- describing to me all his technical additions. Sadly, a lot of it went over my head. It wouldn't for many of you who have similar high tech set-ups, no doubt.
But, then we just sat in front of his beautiful tank and looked at all those magnificent plants and fish. We had so much to talk about!

In March, when Ken had been doing so well his family bought him a 90 gallon ADA set-up. Within a few weeks after that his treatment started to fail. I would of really loved to see what he would have done with that tank.
deeda, Greggz, billb and 5 others like this.

Amy
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 04:28 PM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (132/100%)
@Keating Girls1 I was so very sorry to hear about Ken. He really contributed a lot to this board and the hobby in general. He had some of the best engineered set ups Ive ever seen, like his RO system just to name one. Truly amazing. As was his passion for the hobby and willingness to share and help people

He bought a lot of plants from me over the last few years. And during that time we exchanged many emails and PMs, mostly about planted tank stuff. I considered him a good friend and he will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace, Ken.
deeda, Greggz, zivvel and 1 others like this.

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Algae Grower

I'm so sorry for your father...
Greggz likes this.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-10-2020, 10:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Im going tomorrow to help the Keating girls with Kens 55 gallon tank. They have questions about the Co2 unit, trimming, and algae. You all know how little I know in that regard. But, I will try to help in any way I can.

I was hoping some of you guys will be on the forum tomorrow and maybe I can take a look, convey the situation, take pictures, and ask for all your guidance?
Greggz, ipkiss and Immortal1 like this.

Amy

Tags
fish advice, fish care, plant advice, plant care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode