Tank with three sides - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-29-2020, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Tank with three sides

Greetings!

I am re-entering this as a pastime, not an all consuming hobby.

I have a 54 gallon corner tank that I am re-designing, primarily as a planted tank. Maybe fish later. I am currently clearing out all but the single decoration (lava tube) and lots of organic debris but will be re-planting healthy plants according to the the next design. I'm toying with the idea of doing a geographically specific, rather than Dutch scheme. I look forward to doing the research and joining discussions on these topics.

Lighting consists of one 24-inch "planted" and one 12-inch "Dutch" BML LED lamp. I can't remember which is which, but they are both for planted tanks. Light output from each is enough to cause problems so I run them at around 80%. I try to control the lights with the BML Solar Controller which is not a joy to program. I try for a well lit foreground for hair grass without causing an algae problem. This is where I need the most help.

I live in Humboldt County, California. Well known for its fish. My other interests are birding and environmental conservation.

CJ

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode