Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 03:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorusaconte View Post
HOMODEUS

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Im buying this book. fascinating topic. Thanks for the share.
victorusaconte likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 10:05 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Im buying this book. fascinating topic. Thanks for the share.
Read HOMOSAPIENS first

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Discusluv likes this.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 01:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
"A Canticle For Leibowitz" by Walter Miller, Jr. for third time. I'm a big scifi fan and especially like those with a dystopian setting. Leibowitz is in my top three with "Fahrenheit 451" and "1984".
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 01:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
"A Canticle For Leibowitz" by Walter Miller, Jr. for third time. I'm a big scifi fan and especially like those with a dystopian setting. Leibowitz is in my top three with "Fahrenheit 451" and "1984".
Dystopian novels, especially "1984", are a little too close for comfort in these times. I'm re- reading Jack Vance's "Lyonesse" trilogy. No other SF or F writer can match his style, although Matthew Hughes get an "E" for effort.

Where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday?
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 05:55 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Just happened to see this thread... For those who read the Pillars of the Earth (loved it), I also enjoyed Ken Follett's Century Trilogy, which starts with The Fall of Giants.

For those that enjoy a multi-book saga, I also enjoyed (many years ago) John Jakes' historical fiction The Kent Family Chronicles of 8 books which starts with The Bastard. Haven't read his North and South Trilogy yet, but it's on the "list".

Currently reading Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family. This is a true story of a family with 12 children (8 boys, 2 girls) in which 6 of the boys are diagnosed as schizophrenic. They become one of the first families studied by the National Institutes of Mental Health.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 09:42 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Sounds like a modern take on Shakespeare's character "Prospero" in The Tempest.
I think it is inspired in a way by "The Tempest," in fact.
Discusluv likes this.

----
2x20-longs, one heavily planted. Platy rancher. They. Won't. Stop. Breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Mengele: The Complete Story

He was one of the most infamous Nazis of World War II yet was never caught and tried for his crimes against humanity. The most auhoritative account to date of the life of The Angel of Death Joseph Mengele, this biography includes revealing information from Mengele's private papers, letters and diaries. A book to make your blood boil. . . they have superlatively recorded the details of Mengele's fantastic career. . . a well-told tale.

There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old Today, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Metro 2033
by Dmitry Glukhovsky

The novel that gave birth to the video games 'Metro 2033' and 'Metro: Last Light' The breathtaking original story that inspired both the METRO 2033 and METRO: LAST LIGHT video games An international bestseller, translated into 35 languages. Set in the shattered subway of a post apocalyptic Moscow, Metro 2033 is a story of intensive underground survival where the fate of mankind rests in your hands. In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth's surface into a poisonous wasteland.

There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode