Howdy! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Howdy!

Hey folks just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Name's Mike from Philadelphia. I stopped in to get some information about setting up some plants in my tank. My daughter recently asked to spruce up the 55g we've had in our living room for the last 10+ years. Unfortunately the tank had been left to it's own devices for a while and looks a bit less than desirable! We've got some work to do. The tank sat for a while with some driftwood and some Java Moss in it under some T5HOs with the only inhabitant being a Syndontis Eupterus that my daughter affectionately named "Flounder". In the last week we've added a dozen or so guppies, a betta, and 3 nerite snails to help combat the algae problem. I've since upgraded my lights to a Fluval 3.0 and have my whites set at 50%, pink at 25%, and blue at around 5% right now to let some plants acclimate. I've added some dwarf hair grass, baby tears, anacharis, cambomba, and moneywort. When I get things scaped up how I want, i'll definitely be taking some photos. I'm not using CO2 at the moment but I'm open to it. Right now, as long as my daughter's happy, I'm happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 11:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Those sound like good Fluval light levels. How long is your photoperiod?

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

My "full" sun is set right now from 10:00 - 18:00 with a 2-hour rise and set..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 01:26 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hi @Yakfish556, and welcome to the forum.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 02-12-2020 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Edit
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:46 AM
Algae Grower

Welcome, sounds like a fun tank for sure. I have the same Fluval lights, love them!

75 Gallon Planted Fresh Water Tank
Fluval FX6 & 406 Filters / 2 x Fluval Plant 3.0 LED Lights
CO2Art CO2 Regulator w/DIY Grigg Reactor
Seneye+ Tank Monitoring System / Atlas Scientific Hydroponic Monitoring System
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD500_Pilot View Post
Welcome, sounds like a fun tank for sure. I have the same Fluval lights, love them!
@MD500_Pilot Please tell me you have some Loaches... oh, the irony..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 04:24 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakfish556 View Post
@MD500_Pilot Please tell me you have some Loaches... oh, the irony..
I have two Yoyo Loaches!

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
I have two Yoyo Loaches!
@Streetwise, but are you a loach pilot like MD500_pilot is?? LOL!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 05:01 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I had to look that up! Much respect.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 02-12-2020 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Edit

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode