225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thats a big round. Do you hunt with it?

75 gallon planted tank. About to stock.
10 gallon QT

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one Bruce Lee

75 gallon tank journal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:21 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
As a shrimp keeper, I think that's an awesome hobby!
I guarantee you'd enjoy ant farming. And, you already have most of the training on proper husbandry from the shrimp tanks.
Most fail when caring for ants as they're feeding too much, or not paying attention to small stuff like hydration, or molds in the setup.
If you are interested, send me a PM. I'd be more then happy to give you a hand, and help you with a setup.

Here's a video from my old farm. This colony grew very large before i sold them.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #78 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:44 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
That is fantastic! My mom recently died and was a beekeeper. And as luck would have it (or being stung a lot as a kid of a beekeeper really) I'm allergic to bee stings but have always been fascinated by the colony life of insects. I'm not quite ready to keep "land shrimp" just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to get into it at some point. Will 100% hit you up if I get that notion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livebearerlove View Post
I'm glad to see there are other firearm enthusiasts on this site. I feel like we hide in the shadows as its a faux pas to have a plethora, unique or expensive firearms.
Missed this post but felt the need to respond. You're right, I was hesitant to even post this firearm. I hate so much that my pastimes tend to be loathed or at least politicized by people I otherwise have lots in common with. One of my favorite work T-shirts (I own a pet supply shop) is a drawing of a big body of water with a goldfish in a bowl floating in it (I'll snap a pic if anyone wants, but it's just as described). Many people have come in my store and assumed it meant that I disagree with keeping fish and let me know that they "agree with me." Then there's an uncomfortable conversation, "nope, I'm all about keeping live fauna in aquariums, just ethically." I've had many argue that there is no such thing. Oh goodness how the fish I breed and bring into this world have hit the lottery compared to their wild brethren! No predators, parasites, disease, famine, drought, constant food -there's no comparison. But I understand their gut feeling. Similarly with firearms as a fun way to spend a day at the range, it's just so different from the concept that these tools I use for recreation are only good for murder. I had planned to spend this afternoon (and did until interrupted with a summer rainstorm) shooting this rifle and calculating the bullet weights and so forth that work best at each yardage, tweaking the windage and elevation of scope, practicing my breathing when I pull the trigger, and all the typical learning a new rifle exercises. Shooting another person never entered my mind, obviously.

I have duck, quail, turkey breast, venison, wild boar, and all manner of fish in my freezer from hunting and fishing and cook meat I harvested more often than I buy it from the grocery store. I won't go into how the meat we typically eat is farmed, so will just say that in my perfect world I'd harvest all the meat my wife and I eat on my own, and I feel the same way with gardening. Every year I expand the garden a little more, and wind up giving more veggies away than we eat but still don't have every herb and veggie I need! Whenever I buy a vegetable at the grocery store I wish I'd grown it or swapped it with a neighbor. But I must to work to pay my bills and mortgage and can not garden, fish and hunt as much as I wish I could. I even feed my dog and aquatic pets with as much that I harvest myself as I can. My dog eats more than 50% local wild game and veggies I grow in her raw diet.
livebearerlove and aquanerd13 like this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

Last edited by Blue Ridge Reef; 07-23-2019 at 11:54 PM. Reason: verbage

post #79 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Gardening and a houseplant collection. Jigsaw puzzles and scrabble. But my biggest love is reading. I've been writing a book blog for over a decade now.

|
|
|
|
post #80 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 11:36 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Missed this post but felt the need to respond. You're right, I was hesitant to even post this firearm. I hate so much that my pastimes tend to be loathed or at least politicized by people I otherwise have lots in common with.
My three favorites say it all: 300 blackout with suppressor, Custom Nighthawk .45, and my STI competition gun. I was cleaning them this morning- overlooking my medicinal herb garden at 5am (they shimmer in the sunrise). If you saw me doing it- attractive blonde female cleaning her AR and drying herbs.... it is quite the comparison. So my hobbies are quite unique and extensive.... from guns to medicine to business (I am a restaurateur and chef). I can talk to anyone about medical (medications/treatments or biology)- but have to walk on egg shells when I mention I have a gun collection.

Same goes for my cars- limited edition luxury sports car, and my 1985 modified CJ7. Total parallels. And yes- it does have an AR mount- that is not for a 'water bottle'.

But im ready for that zombie apocalypse!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6739.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	884633  

Name:	IMG_2169.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	884635  

Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful (as long as they cycle!)
7 Tanks and counting..... plus all these critters to feed critters
post #81 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
My three favorites say it all: 300 blackout with suppressor, Custom Nighthawk .45, and my STI competition gun. I was cleaning them this morning- overlooking my medicinal herb garden at 5am (they shimmer in the sunrise). If you saw me doing it- attractive blonde female cleaning her AR and drying herbs.... it is quite the comparison. So my hobbies are quite unique and extensive.... from guns to medicine to business (I am a restaurateur and chef). I can talk to anyone about medical (medications/treatments or biology)- but have to walk on egg shells when I mention I have a gun collection.

Same goes for my cars- limited edition luxury sports car, and my 1985 modified CJ7. Total parallels. And yes- it does have an AR mount- that is not for a 'water bottle'.

But im ready for that zombie apocalypse!
Sweet gun. I love the suppressor. I am ready to. Between me and my dad we have ~4 handguns, 2 regular AR15s, 2 AR15 22s, a bolt action 22, and an old single shot 22. My grandpa lives on the same property and he has a 44 magnum and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Do not try to invade our home lol.

Bump:
Quote:
Im glad to see there are other firearm enthusiasts on this site. I feel like we hide in the shadows as its a faux pas to have a plethora, unique or expensive firearms.
Count me on that group.
Maryland Guppy likes this.

Last edited by aquanerd13; 08-05-2019 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Misspelling
post #82 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Algae Grower

Love my golf play at least once a week weather permitting!!! It's normally raining here in Ireland tho!!!!

Love soccer and cars also
varanidguy likes this.
post #83 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:47 PM

Photography and video games.
Mainly macro photography, adding in shots of my kids activities. I'm building out a 75G, so I'll have some new subjects to photograph. My avatar is my current group of zoomies in a 10g planted.

Video games are mostly the inexpensive or free kind. I've been playing TF2 for 7 yrs or so. BF1, World of Tanks/Warships.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB_IMG_1555898888337_1565030813669.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	885131  

deeda and Blue Ridge Reef like this.
post #84 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Banned

I love free video games. There are some really good free games. Cough(fortnite)Cough. lol. Some of the better ones are expensive though.

75 gallon planted tank. About to stock.
10 gallon QT

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one Bruce Lee

75 gallon tank journal
post #85 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 01:25 PM

My hobby is video games. I know that it is not good but when I play on it, I am very relaxed. However, I play a lot in League of Legends and I wanted to try a new thing some months ago, it is to stream how I play. I was afraid of my rank because I thought that it was low and I wouldn't captive many viewers because of it. I bought a boosting service from boosteria.org at a convenient price and guys worked perfectly. I was on the desired rank in some days. Now I make a good income each month.

Last edited by GabriellePeake; 06-26-2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: I had a mistake in proposition
post #86 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 12:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Quote:
I spoke about my hobby of shooting earlier and just got a new long-range rifle. I'm sure it's not most people's thing, but I thought it was too cool not to post.
I recently put together a 6.5 Grendel.
Mill out the lowers myself and recently have built several Glocks.
I'll have to post a picture here.

Growing is not that difficult.
post #87 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 12:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Cross country, enduro, and gravel racing rides.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Discusluv likes this.
post #88 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 01:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
It was so nice looking through these pictures again.
We have an amazing group of people here...

Amy
post #89 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 03:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)
I recently purchased my first FPV drone. It came with the goggles, radio transmitter, and drone in what they call a "ready to fly" kit. It was $175, but I'm already looking for more items to buy to compliment this purchase! I charge up the batteries and fly it around my back yard or sometimes in my house as the propellers have guards on them. It is a super fun hobby!

post #90 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 11:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (89/98%)

Capsaicin_MFK and rzn7z7 like this.

Canon Pimp Club #17

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode