What OTHER hobbies is everyone into? - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
No good pictures to tie to this, but smart home is one if my others, and it ties in real well with the aquariums!

"Alexa, turn off the 55 gallon filters"

10 min later they turn back on 'automagically'

Too much fun!!
aquanerd13 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:50 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanerd13 View Post
lol, they are very different. I don't have to clean video game poop or collect video game eggs, but video games aren't fluffy and quirky, and most video games won't eat out of your hands

Bump:
Hahaha , that's why I said they are long way apart.... And how many would raise chickens today and clean poop cutting down their gadget time?

Only few like quirky and fluffy stuff...

Wish I could raise chickens... But don't have the space or the right environment...

You should share pics of your chicken and their home (sorry, what would you call that?)... Lol

Gok
aquanerd13 likes this.

Last edited by aaron.in; 06-25-2019 at 07:35 AM.
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Banned

Does anyone here play Magic Arena?

Bump: BTW if anyone wants an interview page, I could set one up for you.

Bump: It is called a chicken coop. I don't know why it is called the coop, but it is. One of my favorite sayings is 'Money cann't buy happiness, but it can buy chickens and that is basically the same thing'

Bump: I will post some pics soon.

75 gallon planted tank. About to stock.
10 gallon QT

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” – Bruce Lee

75 gallon tank journal

post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:08 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I do sailboat racing. Another mix between the technical and the intuitive/responsive. Lots of ways to setup gear and control systems.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Style: Organic soil (dirt), sand, gravel, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, mulm, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech: Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Tunze 3161, Eheim Skim 350, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:02 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:

Bump: It is called a chicken coop. I don't know why it is called the coop, but it is. One of my favorite sayings is 'Money cann't buy happiness, but it can buy chickens and that is basically the same thing'

What is bump here BTW? Sorry, if that is a dumb question...

And what is an interview page? Sorry again...

Chicken Coop, that goes well with chicken poop... Lol

Never heard anyone say chicken are happiness...

Gok
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.in View Post
Can you show the canopy please?

Gok

Here ya go.

Tim Sapp
Frisco TX
post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
Here ya go.

Looks so perfect... Gives a vintage look to both the stand and the canopy...

Gok
aquanerd13 likes this.
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:06 AM
Algae Grower

Oh boy, where do I begin!!!! In personal life, I work for the government in IT. I have so many hobbies. So here goes. I love fish kipping, fishing, photography, cooking. I have 2 fish tanks. A 72 gallon, and a soon to be retired 29 and get replaced with 20 gallons tanks. I am also a part time photographer. Used to be big in wildlife, macro, nature, landscape but now mostly portrait. I also love cooking food from different cultures. Last time I cook, it was Puerto Rican chicken. Next target, a Jamaican dish.

I mostly fish for Carp and Catfish, but I also go for Bass and or Bluegill. Most of my fishing are from DC area.
I am not sure how to insert photos here, so I am entering my flickr link here. You all are welcome to take a look.

https://bit.ly/2Xuaf5B
post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:46 AM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Those are some great wildlife photos! And funny you mention cooking. That might be my biggest hobby, and I forget to consider it as one.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaonrahman View Post
Oh boy, where do I begin!!!! In personal life, I work for the government in IT. I have so many hobbies. So here goes. I love fish kipping, fishing, photography, cooking. I have 2 fish tanks. A 72 gallon, and a soon to be retired 29 and get replaced with 20 gallons tanks. I am also a part time photographer. Used to be big in wildlife, macro, nature, landscape but now mostly portrait. I also love cooking food from different cultures. Last time I cook, it was Puerto Rican chicken. Next target, a Jamaican dish.

I mostly fish for Carp and Catfish, but I also go for Bass and or Bluegill. Most of my fishing are from DC area.

I am not sure how to insert photos here, so I am entering my flickr link here. You all are welcome to take a look.

https://bit.ly/2Xuaf5B

As someone who is half Puerto Rican who also works IT for the government (school district), this made me hungry lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

|
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:49 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via Yahoo to Miller
Orchids, Reptiles and current obsession carnivorous plants.
aquanerd13 likes this.
post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:

@aquanerd13 I loved magic the gathering, but everyone that I played with moved or just moved on. I never had the heart to sell my cards. Years later, I tried getting back into it, but the game had evolved so much that it seemed too much to catch up on; it made me feel like a dinosaur, lol!. I started playing with "The Dark" series and the 1st reprint set, "Unlimited", and bought at least 2 boxes of boaster packs each set after that for years. My friends & I would split a case with the local comic shop (oh to be young with little responsibility, lol!). I don't have any of the power 9, but I have a good collection of dual lands. I don't like the fact that they reprint cards so much. I always felt, if the game was true to wizards dueling, then the wizard with the older magic should have the upper hand. In other words, old cards should never become obsolete, but they make the game that way to keep players buying new sets of cards.

"The Sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has literal meaning: We are all in the same boat" -Jacques Yves Cousteau

Last edited by sittinglynx; 07-03-2019 at 03:31 AM. Reason: type o
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

I'm into gardening but it is also my work. I'm a garden designer. Here are some of the gardens I've designed.

Gardens I have designed by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triport View Post
I'm into gardening but it is also my work. I'm a garden designer. Here are some of the gardens I've designed.

Gardens I have designed by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr
All stunning! The first photo would be what I would put in my own yard.

post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Planted Member

@Triport those are beautiful!

I'm a knitter, a reader, and I volunteer a ton with my kids' schools & with scouts BSA. Knitting is incredibly calming - I think it helps with the anxiety I'm realizing I have! Always keeping your fingers moving, and feeling like you are making progress & succeeding in something is very soothing!

I've only gotten into the aquarium hobby in the last year, and although I really enjoy it, it's more like raising children in that successes and achievements come after longer periods of time -- and most often the best choice is to step back & make a calm decision (which is often to chill out & stop interfering, or to keep up your steady maintenance schedule, because stability is one of the most important things, lol)! I'd post some pictures of my knitted items, but it seems all I ever take pictures of anymore are my fish & aquatic plants!
Blue Ridge Reef and Discusluv like this.

It's not a mystery...snails are the BEST!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode