Hello from Brooklyn - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello from Brooklyn

Hi everyone -

I have a few tanks and have been playing around with live aquatic plants for about a year and a half, to a level of success I'd put at about a 3 out of 10. It's been fun, but I've gone ahead and upgraded my largest tank to a 30 gallon frameless, and would like to do right by the plants this time around. Hardscape is nearly complete (wood will be ready to place by the weekend) and I have sand as a substrate. I know this limits me primarily to plants that feed off the water column, and I would like to stick with species native to the Amazon. Effectively, this tank is my big (and only) project, and the reason I've joined the forum! Really looking forward to learning a lot, and moving on to perfect my other tanks once I've done this one.

If you've got suggestions, live nearby, or just want to say hi, I'd appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:26 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi, it's nice to know I am not the only newbie. What made you decide to use sand as a substrate? Are you going to have fish in the tank? Have you heard or read about the "dirted " tank? I read about and have seen people on YouTube using miracle gro as a substrate capped with gravel. I'm thinking of toying around with it on a spare tank, I'm kinda scared tho'. I am quite sure I will end up with a soupy mess!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode