Greetings Earthlings - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By redneck joe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Greetings Earthlings

Don't know why, after about 30 years, I decided to buy an aquarium but I did in November.

Back in my twenties I had a 75. Growing up dad had twelve 10 gallons in the den I used to sit and watch for hours.

Started back with a couple 3.5 gal beta / guppy tanks and quickly decided a 55 was better. I never was successful with plants back in the day, getting better here, and of course now we have the internets to use. And dad bought me the Halstead book for my birthday. I thought I was reasonably intelligent until I started reading that thing.

My wife thinks I'm stupid but I picked up a 20 long a couple weeks ago off CL and surprised her with that in her newly remodeled home office. It became a guppy and pygmy cory tank. She's now hooked because she can watch 'her babies' every day.

I've got a 45 stashed in the barn; she is traveling next week so my home office will have a compliment to the 55. Going to experiment with that one over a period of time; I see journals here so I might do that.

I'll post a pic or two of mine when I get home (in ATL training my replacement; been downsized). It's looking rather nice imo.

In my dual head under gravel plus one sponge filter and hobbled together LED light set up:

4 corys

6 Cardinals
1 Angel, common

8 hatchet
1 pgmy pleco
4 Glo tetras
5 black tetras
3 Tiger nerite
1 ramshorn, compliments of some plants . Maybe more, swear a saw a itty bitty baby the other day.

She has
A boat load of guppies - we are just letting guppies do what guppies do with lots of floating plants for the fry
10 Salt and Pepper pygmy corys

For the 45, thinking about going nano or local stream fish. Not sure yet, but will have time as I want to spend a bunch of time planning and executing the 'scaping portion.

Remember, they don't dance like Carmen no more....

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
Welcome redneck joe!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
20 Gallon jungle tank

RAOK CLUB #0
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Welcome and glad to have you .

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Doing this from phone sitting in a plane so bare with me.

Is it bear or bare or bear ? Either on technically doesn't work.

Still a couple fake plants that are being replaced. Learned a bit late about attaching v planting some species....
Greggz likes this.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 04-01-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode