3Likes
  • 4 Post By jercarr2018
  • 2 Post By Bad_Aquarist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Just like my name...

Hiya, new to the forum here. As my name suggests i'm awful at this compared to most. I'm reletively new at the aquarium hobby. To be honest my fish are great, able to take all sorts of my failures and not die. I'm a huge fan of eels, but with my limited space and poor experience and skills, i fell in love with kuhlis instead.
Aside from fish i love reptiles, especially snakes. I'm also an unlicensed apprentice falconer awaiting my housing and equipment inspections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 07:50 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Well if you stick with this hobby long enough maybe you'll go from a bad aquarist to a decent aquarist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm too drunk to scape this tank.

I don't like aquatic plants, I love them.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Maybe! I plan on sticking with it for a good while, aquariums are relaxing, aside from the chemistry you have to watch.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Welcome- any plans for a tank, or existing one to share? Love seeing what people are up to for inspiration!

Best of luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Algae Grower

@jercarr2018 I got a real kick out of your signature XD

Bump: To the OP, I'm right there with ya! As you may be able to tell, rabbits are more my thing than aquariums It's turning into a lot of fun though and I'm learning a lot. I just read random posts here and always learn something

"There's hay in my coffee and fur on my clothes, a treat in my hand and a bunny on my toes!"

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccanne View Post
@jercarr2018 I got a real kick out of your signature XD

Bump: To the OP, I'm right there with ya! As you may be able to tell, rabbits are more my thing than aquariums It's turning into a lot of fun though and I'm learning a lot. I just read random posts here and always learn something
It's from one of my favorite quote makers, Colonel Sanders. His is a little different, I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

I'm too drunk to scape this tank.

I don't like aquatic plants, I love them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks everyone! @Grobbins48 I currently have a 10 gallon planted freshwater aquarium, and at least 5 fish died as i learned about water chemistry. My aquarium consists of Monte Carlo for carpeting, if I can get it to grow, some patches of a micro sword species, cryptocoryne in the middle. Then i have quite a few fish in there: 5 espei rasaboras, 4 neon tetras, 3 kuhli loaches (two blackish brown one orange striped), 2 ottos, 1 cherry shrimp, 1 amano shrimp, 1 nerite snail, one snail that hitch hiked in with a plant, and 1 bumblebee cat. Only plans i have are eventually getting a bigger freshwater tank and a saltwater tank with an eel in mind, probably snowflake moray. Might be the only fish in the saltwater. Haha

@Beccanne good thing i don't usually work with big pythons, else you might not have been happy with my feeder choices. XD
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Algae Grower

@Bad_Aquarist Ö..why would you say something like that concerning someone's beloved pet? I understand it's meant to be a joke, but I don't find it amusing.

"There's hay in my coffee and fur on my clothes, a treat in my hand and a bunny on my toes!"

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccanne View Post
@Bad_Aquarist …..why would you say something like that concerning someone's beloved pet? I understand it's meant to be a joke, but I don't find it amusing.
... now that i look it does seem out of place. I'm sorry. I am also really bad at making jokes, another skill of mine. Hope you'll forgive me.

Bump: I also never meant /your/ rabbits or any pet rabbits. I love pet rabbits, one of the few mammals I'd consider getting @Beccanne

Last edited by Bad_Aquarist; 06-03-2018 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Explanation detail
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Algae Grower

@Bad_Aquarist I live in a city with lots of surrounding rural areas, and I get so many jokes in poor taste about my rabbit. Referring to her as snake food, asking when she'll be big enough to make a stew, etc... Honestly I'm just really sick of hearing it at this point, I have a very low tolerance for it. Rabbits aren't a common household pet, they're more often livestock raised by "meat farmers". It just makes me really sad because I have such a special relationship with her. I obviously can't control what people do with the rabbits in their lives, but I don't have to take people's s*** when it comes to my own.

No hard feelings.

Last edited by Beccanne; 06-04-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: censored
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

@Beccanne I get that completely. I live in a super rural area, and snakes often go on the road to gain heat. Most people indiscriminately run over the snake, even as I try to usher it off of the road. It is different for me because it is more of a fear response to snakes, but it is sometimes violent. I take great care to try and rescue and safely relocate all nuisance snakes on my block, including rattlesnakes. This does put me in danger but I don't mind. So I completely understand, and it was partly why I wanted to apologize so quickly. I do agree, however, I have had a pet rabbit before.

No hard feelings whatsoever.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode