Howdy From The Windy West - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool Howdy From The Windy West

Hello All, Newbie here hoping to learn a bunch and contribute where I can (probably not anytime too soon.

I have been keeping FW tanks for a few years and currently have:

75g community: Kribensis, Australian Rainbows, Lace Catfish, 2 African Leaf fish, 2 Angelfish, Zebra Loaches, a couple BNs.

35g Tall community with several Juvenile Angels, Neon Tetras, Skirted Tetras, Gold Nugget Pleco, Zebra Loach and couple of Brown Loaches.

16g Wide with a nice group of Red Wag Platys, 2 juvenile Angels, couple of Red Eye Tetras, couple Pristellas and a Zebra loach.

10g & 15g QTs going and a 5g Fry Tank (currently housing 9x 3 week old Hybrid BN Plecos).

All tanks have been stable for at least a year and parameters consistently Am=0, NO2=0, NO3=20, Ph7.8, Kh150.

Have tried a variety of plants in all the main tanks with limited success. Sooooo ......... today I acquired another 75g with the express plan of putting up a successful planted tank. I want to stay low tech and relatively low maintenance. Today I also acquired a bunch of Java Fern, some kind of a Sword plant and a few plants that I haven't identified yet. These all came from a fella that is an absolute wizard (Hmm.... his name is Merlin ...no ... really) with aquaria, both FW and SW. With the holidays upon us, weather concerns (snow coming for the next couple days) and ensuring the tank is sound, I figure I've got a couple weeks before I'll actually have the tank located and ready to start the build.

Bottom line is I will be doing quite a bit of research on substrate, lighting, ferts, stocking, etc and seeking the input of the gurus in this group. Thanks in advance for all the help I'm sure I'll get along the way.

Rok55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Welcome Rok55, you have a nice variety of fish in your tanks. What are the hybrid BN plecos?

110g Tropical Community & Sakura Shrimp
55g BN Breeding Grounds, Peacock Gudgeons, Panda, Pygmies, & Smudge Spot Cories, Rili Shrimp
10g RCS and show guppies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode