The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - VaultBoy's 50G Corner Tank
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
VaultBoy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Just a quick update with a few changes, a couple of plant additions, and a couple of fish added namely 2 more leopard corys and a Rainbow fish from the Murray river that is not far from me.

Also I took a couple of rocks out and moved the drift wood a little so I could get behind it better. The "Anubias" i was sold was actually a Spathiphyllum Peace Lily, my fault really because I didnt know what i was buying, so it is gone and there is a real Anubias in its place. The Amazon sword that i was told would grow tied to wood never did anything so i took it off the wood and planted the roots in the soil and it has gone crazy since then.

I was worried about the limestone making the water too hard and I dont have a water test kit but from what I have read Endlers and Corys wont breed in hard water and they have all been at it like rabbits, and all of my plants are growing, i have had a bit of an algae problem but the siamese algae eaters and ramshorn snails are doing a pretty good job of keeping it down and it seems to be declining now.

The only thing i have to improve is the lighting, I am building an LED light for my 29g tank so when that is done the light on the 29g will be put on this tank making a total of 4 X 24" T8 fluros overdriven 2 X. In the future if the LED fixture is as good as I am hoping it will be then I plan to build another for this tank.

Thanks for reading
Jack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome