The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Captivate's 29 gallon (56k) *5/28 Replanted
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Captivate05
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Small update

I moved what was left of my colony of RCS over to this tank last night. Their ten gallon was still at my parents house (it was supposed to be moved weeks ago, but life got in the way). When I went over to visit with my parents, I checked on my tank and was mortified. Someone had unplugged the filter for whatever reason, and forgot to turn it back on. I have no clue how long that tank went without flow, but the water was stagnant. It smelled on par with sewer water. I was almost in tears, berated myself for not moving them sooner.

Of the hundred plus cherries I had in that tank, I counted 26 (mostly saddled females) that I managed to rescue. Of the twenty CRS I had in that tank, I only found three. One female, two males. The ten gallon is getting set back up for them, to see if they'll make a recovery. The cherries... I saw no reason NOT to put them in the larger tank. The water parameters are perfect for them, the heat is perfect, and the fish are too small to threaten anything but the smallest shrimplet.

So they are enjoying picking around the bottom of the tank, completely unperturbed by the rambunctious Gertrudaes. I guess they aren't afraid of fish that aren't much bigger than they are, even though they have never seen fish before. I'm concerned about my CRS, but there isn't much more I can do for them. Just give them all the TLC I can and hope for the best.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Rita Mae Brown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome