View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Midnkight
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
pictures not showing on my end...???
if you have facebook block, there a good chance you cant see it. I have to go find a place to upload my pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Awesome! And quick question, what are using to create a Flame Moss Carpet? I want to try to make one that looks exactly like yours!
Sorry i forgot the name of the product. But they sold a 4x6 inch ceramic plate that had the chicken wire mess on it. I bought one to try out, it slow and the moss doesn't grow even, but ya i hope it grows up nice and huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyBoy View Post
The tank (or should I say all 3?) looks good. Does any of the water from all 3 segments ever touch? Or they're sealed shut from each other?

Where do you guys get these long/shallow rectangular tanks? All I see are bow fronts and they cost a fortune.
I wanted to have the water touch that way I can run one filter, but the Glass divider would have to be trim down, and i was too scared to do that. so each tank is fully self contain. It would normally be 3 separate tank with 3 sponge filter. The only thing this tank share is the 24 inch light. I am debating about moving to a mini canister filter for each thought.

As for the tank, this might be pretty easy to find at your local fish store. This is a Betta 6 tank, so i could add three more divider and make it 6 separate tank, but i felt that was way too small to work with. As for pricing, this tank cost me around $50~60 dollars. I don't know if that consider expensive. but for what i wanted to do, it was worth it for me.

you could leave out the partition and have a 24inch long ~6 gallon tank.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome