Flourish Glue - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Flourish Glue

Two weeks ago I was at an aquarium event up in Chicago. Seachem was in attendance and on their table was a product I had not seen "Flourish Glue". I had never seen it before but immediately said "Brilliant"!

In any case I hit Dr. Foster and Smith when I got home and bought a pack. I've had an Anubias that I just couldn't get to sit how I wanted. A few globs of glue, a few seconds, and stuck together. Shortly after refilling the tank a shrimp went over to take a look. He didn't get stuck which is nice and is still doing fine 24 hours later.

I find it way easier to glue stuff to rocks and wood than to use fishing line especially in enclosed places like a Spec 3.

Next I wish somebody would come up with tiny but heavy weights that are fish safe. Like rubber dipped lead anchors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Given how much markup anything packaged specifically for aquarium use gets, I suspect I'll be sticking with the Loctite supergue gel I've been using years rather than buying Seachem's.

Yep. The regular stuff works just fine in tanks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotyoureality View Post
Given how much markup anything packaged specifically for aquarium use gets, I suspect I'll be sticking with the Loctite supergue gel I've been using years rather than buying Seachem's.

Yep. The regular stuff works just fine in tanks.
+1 Reefkeepers have been using it for about a decade now.

Angelo

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Good point. One item that makes this stuff different than any super glue I've used is that comes out in gel like consistency. I'd liken it more to hot glue. The super glues I've used are more liquid.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Both Loctite and Superglue brands make a gel formulation-just have to check the label to make sure you're getting the right stuff.

I switched from Superglue to Loctite as it cleans up easier--less trouble clearing blockage at the tip of the container and it's easier to break loose from plants if you want to move them later--and, whether it's the gel forumation or the container design, I can actually close up the left over gel, toss it in a drawer and still have it be useable months later when I open it up again.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 02:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Another vote for the loctite gel.

The container is really great, in that it gives you an absurd amount of control. You can get a very small, precise amount out.

I think it's the only variant of superglue/cyanoacrylate that I could use without getting multiple patches of skin glued together...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 06:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (35/100%)
I used up a couple of tubes of $ store gel superglue the other day. Works great. My wood has tiny Bolbitis and Java ferns glued all over it now.

River Bank

28 Lakeside, Hobbiton

Tags
flourish glue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode