• 1 Post By Econde
  • 2 Post By DennisSingh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
The Tree of Life

The Tree of Life
I really think this is my last aquascape try. Rest just farming syn. This is a scape dedicated to God, I can say that, but is it really true? I like the title and I like what I've done so far. Dedicated for a crap life, but blessed with my animals, tanks, and family. This scape has had its ups and downs from me wanting to give up to being truly motivated back and forth and back and forth. And also has drained me completely from caring for my other tanks, but I have rebounded and got extra mana, now trying to get habitual to doing stuff daily on each of my tanks. Man, I am drained of energy, takes awhile for me to just do something. This scape is not done, but I'll show you the progressions of it as we go along. This tank will be a whole syn tank, watch, one day, I'm just gonna be spuraticly, and get very tired of seeing this scape tank, and it'll be another syn farm. If this is true, why even waste my time now. I have been holding back sharing, but I really really really want to share. No matter cause the final won't be for awhile but still show progressions slowly as to catch up on time.

Last edited by DennisSingh; 10-01-2020 at 12:06 AM. Reason: i spelled now wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Everything will be okay my friend. I like to pour my extra energy into my tanks to stay out of trouble. This year has been a bad year and I hope you find some peace working with this scape. I will subscribe and check up on you to see if everything is okay! Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk about anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Times are tough-- we are all feeling it.
You are not alone.
Pour yourself into this artistic en-devour. Creativity is life-energy inducing.
Think about all the little critters and plant life that we bring to this box. They flourish under our care.
Lean into this task and just do it. Maybe it is not the task that is draining, but the procrastination.
So, try to get some forward momentum going-- soon you will be running.
(virtual hug.)

Amy

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thank you guys

Now a aquascape for me takes lots of planning and time. First thing, go hard on the aquascape. 2nd plant it well and keep everything clean. I have to plan on cleaning the substrate, keeping the hardscape in tact at all times even water change, sinking the woods ahead of time as some woods can take a long time to sink. In attaching hardscape I tried the cig filter method which i think is the best method, but was unsuccessful fully attaching jagged wood together. So the entire scape the woods are not attached to each other, so this makes maintenance a lot harder if you knock or move wood, it can easily turn into a disaster.

First is to make the main stump, the solid core of the tree. Now some or most of these beginning pictures are just nothing, not even close to the final, but just to pictures and spend time

Econde and Discusluv like this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 12:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

How big will your tank be?

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econde View Post
How big will your tank be?
The dimensions are 36x30x12h inches

I had built a grid 34 x 28 roughly to see if I can fit all woods in and together.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 01:39 AM
Wannabe Guru

Wow about 56 gallons? Is it 30" tall or 12"?

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Wow about 56 gallons? Is it 30" tall or 12"?
Ya roughly 56g
12" tall
36"long
30"wide
🙂
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 10:12 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisSingh View Post
Ya roughly 56g
12" tall
36"long
30"wide
🙂
Nice. My most recent tank is 36" long x 18" wide and 12" tall. Was your tank a frag tank? Nearly square at the bottom. But man that's a lot of good real estate to work with.
DennisSingh likes this.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Nice. My most recent tank is 36" long x 18" wide and 12" tall. Was your tank a frag tank? Nearly square at the bottom. But man that's a lot of good real estate to work with.
Yeah it is a custom acrylic frag tank I purchased from advanced acrylics, the amount I paid was ridiculous, and it still bows a little bit despite thick acrylic. The tank is solid though. The thing with frag tanks and their square design, mainly scapes you must do a centralfuge(but can still surprise me) kind've aquascape while the rectangles you've got more lenght to work with and center design won't really work. Your most recent tank sounds really cool and nice, I really like those dimensions.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisSingh View Post
Yeah it is a custom acrylic frag tank I purchased from advanced acrylics, the amount I paid was ridiculous, and it still bows a little bit despite thick acrylic. The tank is solid though. The thing with frag tanks and their square design, mainly scapes you must do a centralfuge(but can still surprise me) kind've aquascape while the rectangles you've got more lenght to work with and center design won't really work. Your most recent tank sounds really cool and nice, I really like those dimensions.
Man I bet it was pricey. Most custom anything costs a bunch. I got lucky with mine. I paid little for some of my glass except for 3 pieces. The bottom and the two euro braces. I know it's probably overkill but meh. I feel better about the front and rear braces I've installed.
DennisSingh likes this.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2020, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Times are tough-- we are all feeling it.
Maybe it is not the task that is draining, but the procrastination.
So, try to get some forward momentum going-- soon you will be running.
(virtual hug.)
I think this to be very true. Procrastination, if I just start its picks up along and goes naturally.

So I've got a bunch of these twigs, this will act like and compliment as a root structure to the main tree.

Quote:
Man I bet it was pricey. Most custom anything costs a bunch. I got lucky with mine. I paid little for some of my glass except for 3 pieces. The bottom and the two euro braces. I know it's probably overkill but meh. I feel better about the front and rear braces I've installed.
cost me 5 bills
Econde and Discusluv like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode