Re- scaping help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Re- scaping help

So I致e had a tank up for maybe 6 months now, I do like it, but I made some mistakes which have come back to haunt me, I値l put it in bullet points to save time reading this.

Problems I have:

- chose fast growing stem plants and roots shoot everywhere almost to the point of not being able to contain them

- went for a carpet of DHG and the tank size doesn稚 give me enough space to trim efficiently

- have gone off the hardscape completely, went for dragon rock which looks nice but I have plants growing into the rock, a fish or two have also gone in the rock and have never been seen again, I知 sure they池e fine

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

What I would like to do:

-I would like to have a sanded area rather than carpet

-to still have planted in the background with possibly some very slow growing plants which rarely shoot roots, i know it痴 a thing with stemmed plants

- to change the hardscape to possibly wood rather than stone

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

What I would like to know:

- is there a way to do this without having a second tank, I can get another tank for 」30 which is the same, but would rather not

- I plant to use the same water etc if possible as have never had any issue with water parameters

- Basically is it going to be possible to take all live stock out of the tank, keep them somewhere heated etc still, for a few hours whilst I empty the tank, dry it off, rescape, replant, refill & get equipment back in & then add them all back in? Or will it be more of a problem for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 03:01 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Shouldn稚 be a problem to take all the livestock out into another tank, with filter and heater, rescape and start again. Keep the filter running so your beneficial bacterial don稚 die from oxygen starvation.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode