• 7 Post By DTWGulo
  • 1 Post By DTWGulo
  • 1 Post By DTWGulo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2020, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
180g "Iwagumi"

Spent about a year messing around with smaller rocks on my deck to put together an aqua scape. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a couple of 85# stones from a seller on Etsy. Really great experience with that that I'm happy to share at some point. This is my "Full Throttle ADA" tank as far as substrate and rock goes. I have a sump underneath. CO2 system is just about ready to go. Lights are MicMol G3 Pros. Still deciding on plants. The only thing I'm sure I want is some Ranunculus. Figured I'd share the end result, can always do a build thread later. My family's sick of hearing about this so here I am.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6C12C8D3-9A90-479D-A2B3-F7A3D596EACE.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	903145  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2020, 08:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

It looks great so far. My only suggestion is that you might want to expose more of the stones because some of the shorter stones may disappear when your carpet grows in.

My Tank Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
This is a great place to rant off about your tank, we'll eat it all up!

Looks great so far, I love the scape and the light choice

some UG would look great!

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yes, the smaller rocks may get a little lost. I can elevate them up out of the substrate some. They generally aren't buried much at all; just enough to keep them from sliding down the slope. I spent about a week fiddling about with placement of these and/or 25 other small stones. I didn't want it to get too cluttered and these were the pieces that matched best with the two big stones.

Thanks for the input!

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
This is a great place to rant off about your tank, we'll eat it all up!

Looks great so far, I love the scape and the light choice

some UG would look great!
Thank you!
UG. *sigh* That's one of two plants that I didn't have good luck with in any of my high-tech tanks. The other was Elatine hydropiper. For whatever reason I just couldn't keep them healthy.

Do you think a dry start would be best for the UG? I've been contemplating a dry start for various reasons anyway.
Econde likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 03:45 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
Always enjoy seeing how people scape large tanks! This 180 looks particularly deep (front to back). I have atank that I believe has similar dimensions and have struggled to use it to best effect. I think your plans for an Iwagumi will work very nicely!

[
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2020, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb View Post
Always enjoy seeing how people scape large tanks! This 180 looks particularly deep (front to back). I have atank that I believe has similar dimensions and have struggled to use it to best effect. I think your plans for an Iwagumi will work very nicely!
Thank you! It's 24" x 24" x 72". I had a 18" front to back tank there before this one and just wanted more depth to the layout rather than height.
deeda likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode