• 1 Post By gus6464
  • 1 Post By Discusluv
  • 1 Post By gus6464

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
river pebble scape ideas?

Does anyone have a source for river pebble dominated scapes with wood but that are heavily planted? I have always wanted one of these but most I see are rando pebbles all around with swords vs something that has them stacked with spider wood like an island. I have tried to find examples of nature scapes with these kind of rocks but haven't been successful. I have a big shallow cube (24x24x16) that I want to try this on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 06:13 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I saved this from some user here (should have added user name to photo so I know who to give credit too), not planted yet but to its got that feel of how river flooding would pile stones and wood debris up in a attractive arrangement.

The use of every size stones from sandy gravel up to 4-5” worn stones in complimenting hues/tones looked so perfectly natural to me.
lil_deuce, Discusluv and mourip like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKS View Post
I saved this from some user here (should have added user name to photo so I know who to give credit too), not planted yet but to its got that feel of how river flooding would pile stones and wood debris up in a attractive arrangement.

The use of every size stones from sandy gravel up to 4-5” worn stones in complimenting hues/tones looked so perfectly natural to me.
Went to HD yesterday and got 3 bags of rocks. Huge to pea size so will see how I do. Will be using a combination of black and and regular spider wood. Didn't even know black spider wood was a thing until recently.
Discusluv likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 06:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:

I adore this. I wouldn't put any plants in it-- or very little.
evil8 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

The rock arrangement looks nice, but the branch in the corner looks forced IMO, plus it's unrealistic to have rock piles/hardscape up against the glass for maintenance purposes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 09:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
Went to HD yesterday and got 3 bags of rocks. Huge to pea size so will see how I do. Will be using a combination of black and and regular spider wood. Didn't even know black spider wood was a thing until recently.
Cant wait to see it!

Amy
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

The one part of that photo that would get my attention is the straight cut off ends of wood. Wood rasp, chisels, files, pliers would be used to chew up ends so it doesn’t look sawed off.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
Quote:
The one part of that photo that would get my attention is the straight cut off ends of wood. Wood rasp, chisels, files, pliers would be used to chew up ends so it doesn’t look sawed off.
Or some moss on the flat side will also make it look more natural

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Welp been sitting on this one for a couple of days doing some tweaks but I think this is what I'm going with. Tank is 2ft deep so I really like the sense of depth that will come out once the back is full of plants.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
doug105! likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode