• 1 Post By Ryan.Waite
  • 1 Post By aquanerd13
  • 1 Post By aquanerd13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
150 Gallon Aquascape

So in my last post I asked about finding some nice large rocks for this scape. Turns out that my LFS was able to get some awesome dragon stone pieces from his distributor. My initial plan was to do an island style but he also wanted to incorporate some sand into the scape. Then we thought about the fact that this scape had to look nice from at least 3 sides and i also wanted to incorporate a carpet so his clients could see that. I ended up with a plan for a hybrid island/triangular scape that went from upper left down towards lower right. He also got some really amazing spiderwood pieces so I was very excited to work with that.

This is going to be a somewhat high tech tank due to how deep it is so 4 Fluval Plant 3.0, CO2 and liquid ferts. We used a humic substrate that he had in the store and I also did a base layer of Brightwell laterite powder and Fine.

For plants I chose lilaeopsis brasilensis (also wanted to mix in helanthium tennelum but it never came), H. aragauia, Crypt Undulatus red, C petchii, C wendtii bronze and green, Rotala rotundifolia, Ludwigia arcuata, Ludwigia peruensis and Myriophyllum sp Guyana. Nana petite and Buce wavy green are in there as accents and I added some trident Java Fern on the wood. We will also be adding pilo moss on the lower branches and rocks. Eventually I want to add some H. Pinnatifida as accents too but that also did not come in the shipment. I will also be adding some more trident on the left side of scape.

Please let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17JUN2019 AK Tank 1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	883561  

Name:	17JUN2019 AK Tank 2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	883563  

Name:	17JUN2019 AK Tank 3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	883565  

Name:	17JUN2019 AK Tank 4.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	883567  

Name:	17JUN2019 AK Tank 5.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	883569  

Name:	17JUN2019 AK Tank 6.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	883571  

Thelongsnail likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like what you did with the rocks in the final version. Much nicer to look at than the initial test setup.

I think you managed to hit your hybrid idea of a triangle island as well.
jmontee likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Two Week Update

So I had been trying to get that initial post in for a while now but I with life and travel for work I only got it up ysterday. We are now two weeks in from the initial planting and aquascaping and there have been some issues.

1. A majority of the crypts that I put in have melted completely so I only have about 25% of the initial crypts left and they don't look too hot. The only positive is that many od those are just starting to put out some new leaves. These were potted plants from a local distributor so I figured they would gor through a melt but I did not think they would go completely.

2. The enitre 4 tissue culture containers of Myrio sp Guyana I put in completely melted and are gone. Luckily I had two more containers of these and just replanted yesterday as you see in the pics below. I am hoping that these will do better.

3. About half of the H sp Araguaia also melted but several are doing very well and I replanted some more of that too. These were also tissue culture containers.

4. Some of the buces are showing melting that I had not seen before but they are all showing new growth so that is good.

On the bright side, the rotala rotundifolia, Ludwigia arcuata and Ludwigia peruensis bunch plants we put in are all doing amazingly. Colors on the arcuata are just starting to really show and the peruensis is a dark burgundy that I have never seen in person. The Lileaopsis is also starting to spread and looking healthy. Also new growth sprouting on the trident so I am looking forward to eventually removing the big ugly leaves on it now.

I went ahead and added a few more stems of the peruensis, replanted the myrio and added in some more Araguaia. Lets see how it goes in the coming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01JUL2019 AK Tank 1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	883633  

Name:	01JUL2019 AK Tank 2.jpg
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	883635  

Name:	01JUL2019 AK Tank 3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	883637  

Name:	01JUL2019 AK Tank 4.jpg
Size:	476.4 KB
ID:	883639  

Name:	01JUL2019 AK Tank 5.jpg
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	883641  

Name:	01JUL2019 AK Tank 6.jpg
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	883643  

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Looks very nice. I really love the design.
jmontee likes this.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Algae Grower

I really like this, excellent job.
jmontee likes this.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Planted Member

that is truly stunning.
jmontee likes this.

'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light' -Albus Dumbledore

'Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you have to keep moving' -Albert Einstein

'When in doubt, water change it out' -Nikolaus(Fishlore)

'Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.' -(unknown)

'The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish' -(unknown)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:29 PM
Planted Member

That type of aquascape usually isn't my style, with the rock-driftwood mixture but you make it look good. You should apply at one of those aquascaping contests. Seriously.
jmontee likes this.

'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light' -Albus Dumbledore

'Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you have to keep moving' -Albert Einstein

'Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.' -(unknown)

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanerd13 View Post
That type of aquascape usually isn't my style, with the rock-driftwood mixture but you make it look good. You should apply at one of those aquascaping contests. Seriously.
Thank you very much! I hope that it grows in like I envision in the coming months.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 03:58 AM
Planted Member

It will look much less bare once the plants grow in.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode