Dragon Stone from eekbay - The Planted Tank Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Dragon Stone from eekbay

Just wanted to show an order of dragon stone that arrived today from ADA Tank Supply (adatanksupply, using their name as a single word may help in finding them), a seller/store on the Bay.

Ordered 15 lbs, received 15.6 lbs. The cost was $45 shipped and shipping was fast.

This is what arrived. Iím stoked to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That's awesome! I paid $45 shipped for 3 pieces a month ago from a different seller, lol
varanidguy likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by livebearerlove View Post
That's awesome! I paid $45 shipped for 3 pieces a month ago from a different seller, lol
They have other pieces that are the same price, or even more expensive, at a lower weight, but they appear to be hand picked and measured. I decided to go with their "grab box" of a set weight to see how it goes, and I'm satisfied!

Did yours happen to fit the former category?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That's a good price. I actually sell Dragonstone so I should know. How was it shipped, USPS priority? The shipping could b anywhere from $8 to $18 depending on origin and destination.
varanidguy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
They have other pieces that are the same price, or even more expensive, at a lower weight, but they appear to be hand picked and measured. I decided to go with their "grab box" of a set weight to see how it goes, and I'm satisfied!

Did yours happen to fit the former category?
Yes... they showed me images/scale... although what came was right... it was hella more expensive. It got me exactly where I wanted to be for one nano tank... but I relented for days over 'which piece' worried that 'grab bag' wouldnt give me large enough pieces. lol

Bump:
varanidguy likes this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
That's a good price. I actually sell Dragonstone so I should know. How was it shipped, USPS priority? The shipping could b anywhere from $8 to $18 depending on origin and destination.
Yes, it was USPS Priority Mail according to the tracking information. Do you sell other stones also? I may have some questions and future orders for you. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livebearerlove View Post
Yes... they showed me images/scale... although what came was right... it was hella more expensive. It got me exactly where I wanted to be for one nano tank... but I relented for days over 'which piece' worried that 'grab bag' wouldnt give me large enough pieces. lol

Bump:
I went through the same thing! Kept staring at different stones they had, different offerings, mildly paranoid about "will this actually give me usable pieces" etc.

It was interested in their black seiryu stone as well, they claim that their treatment keeps them from altering water chemistry (mainly pH and hardness), but I was too paranoid to try it. lol
livebearerlove likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:22 PM
Algae Grower

Nice! Last year I bought 16 lbs and got a box of rubble. It's mostly still in the box.

Don't make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything. - Angelique Kerber
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
It was interested in their black seiryu stone as well, they claim that their treatment keeps them from altering water chemistry (mainly pH and hardness), but I was too paranoid to try it. lol
This week I am going 'foraging' for stones for my new tank... I need quite a bit (not a huge tank... but i do need a decent amount of stones) and have my mind set on Decorah Shale in a specific area outside the city... Ill be out in the wilderness all of Saturday. If I cant find what works, im back to the internet to bid my way to debt. lol
Since it is local, hopefully it will work well with my water parameters... but ill test pieces in the field to be halfway sure. Then test them back at home for a week in water.
varanidguy likes this.

Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful (as long as they cycle!)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:32 PM
Algae Grower

Dragon stones always good value due to the weight the price also seems to have dropped in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
varanidguy likes this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:02 PM
Algae Grower

That is good to know! I’ve been watching them and wondered the same thing. I am interested in either dragon stone or seriya, still unsure which. Thank you for sharing, good looking rocks.

Asteroid, what do you sell? Is it listed here somewhere? Like I said I’m looking. I do have a large tank tho so would prefer larger pieces.
varanidguy likes this.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I sell lots of hardscape material including Seiryu, Dragon stone, Manzanita, Malaysian and Spider Wood. I'm pretty much out of Dragon Stone and Malaysian Wood. So my last listing just showed Seiryu Stone. I sell both random and set pieces of stone.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...m-wysiwyg.html

Bump:
Quote:
Yes, it was USPS Priority Mail according to the tracking information. Do you sell other stones also? I may have some questions and future orders for you. ;-)
If you have any questions, I"ll be happy to answer here or feel free to send me a PM - Thanks.
varanidguy likes this.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
I sell lots of hardscape material including Seiryu, Dragon stone, Manzanita, Malaysian and Spider Wood. I'm pretty much out of Dragon Stone and Malaysian Wood. So my last listing just showed Seiryu Stone. I sell both random and set pieces of stone.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...m-wysiwyg.html

Bump:

If you have any questions, I"ll be happy to answer here or feel free to send me a PM - Thanks.

Are you aware of any way to treat Seiryu stone so it doesnít raise water hardness and pH?

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:40 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Are you aware of any way to treat Seiryu stone so it doesnít raise water hardness and pH?

I know some have used vinegar to take some of the surface deposits off the rock, but I really never did worry about it too much. I guess I'm always thinking hi-tech, co2 and regular large water changes should keep things from going to much off scale.
varanidguy and ReeferRob like this.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
A lot of times Seiryu is treated with acid to make it black. I don't know if that affects its effects on water parameters.
I had a similar experience buying Dragonstone on the bay from a different seller. I also bought 15lbs. It came to almost $50. I got some big pieces but what really surprised me was the color. Lots of greens and blues and reds. The sand I'm using would have looked great with your stones but I do love the color in the ones I got.
varanidguy likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Hard to tell much from the picture I took of the rocks in the box but here's a couple of wet ones

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
varanidguy and ReeferRob like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode