Really appreciate the feedback. That link was very useful Nigel, I expect I will spend some time there.
I made a few adjustments, in particular I moved the location for the sand lake over so that it is 63% across (I decided to move right instead of left). I won't fill that in with sand until I'm absolutely sure of the layout though. Also adjusted a few of the big stones, and it feels a bit more balanced to me, although it is hard to see in the photos.
Increasing the substrate slope was tough (I ran out of dirt), but I hope to fill up more of that space with plants. 60 liters of aqua soil ain't cheap :P
I've held back placing the smaller stones I have until after I plant, so I can see where they fit in.
Hoping to be able to share some more pics after this weekend. Hopefully my lily pipes have arrived by then too. Those black things are an eyesore!
Last edited by Darkblade48; 08-01-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner