Help me with my layout - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wow! Those are some great scapes!

house of cards - I do really like the slope as well as the simplicity of your layout. Not sure if it would work for me but I'll give it a try, just to see. The part that I'm finding tricky is that I would want the slope going from the right hand side (where the black wall is) to the left. My main stone curves in the other direction and the other side of the stone isn't that nice.

houbanna - thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely work some sort of slope in there, even if it is just a simple front to back. It's hard to see in the pictures but the large rock is more of a triangle shape so it doesn't look too flat. I have tried to put the main rock more towards the front so I'll have room to put plants in behind. It won't look very lush if all I can fit is a single line of stem plants.

chance of plants - at first I wasn't sure what you were talking about but I finally had the ah-ha moment. I see what you mean and I haven't tried that particular orientation. Can't wait to get back home so I can give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 12:31 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Rosy and all, please don't kill me for the quality on this I did it on a plane using Paint 3D. You mentioned wanting to slope right to left so I tought this might be an intersting way to do it. The main issue is you would have to bury a big part of the large stone.

Last edited by jmontee; 07-01-2019 at 02:51 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Another interesting layout! I'll give this one a try when I get home as well. I'm pretty excited to try all these different layouts. It's going to take me a while to settle on just one!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosyrobyn View Post
I'm setting up a Fluval Spec V and need a little help choosing the right layout. Here's some of the configurations I was playing around with:

Attachment 837153

Attachment 837161

Attachment 837169

The white is a sandy area.
Attachment 837177

I like the second and third layouts but they seem to be sloping in the wrong direction - toward the black filter wall instead of towards the glass. Any recommendations?
What kind of stone are these? Thanks in advance

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode