F22's swamp monster - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
F22's swamp monster

Last edited by F22; 03-10-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

my tank is lame, i need some ideas.. little help would be amazing...

PLEASE!

post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Tank specs and a full tank shot would be helpful definitely! Also, I think it looks like you've got a pretty good start here, so knowing what you'd like help with would be good to

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 year old Tibetan Terrier named Whisky
11 year old miniature Poodle named Cody
I enjoy having a zoo to care for!

post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

i dunno i think it looks like crap, the subwassertan just won't stay in one place and though the shrimp like a rolling nest its really gettin on my last nerve... the whole thing is about to be a RAOK if i don't figure it out quick...
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I actually have no personal experience with subwassertang (sp.?) But I THINK you can attach it DW or rocks with cotton thread. Maybe do a search for it and see what others have done? Or start a specific "what the heck do i do with this stuff" thread in the plants section?

Other than that, I think some nice stems would look good along the back, And I think some crypt wendtii or undulata or something similar would look nice on the sides and/or tucked between some of the rocks.

It's hard to tell from the almost (i think) full tank shot, but it looks like you've got some good places for crypts or maybe one of the echinodorus (sp?) grasses in the front left corner and to the right in front of the crinum (i have no experience with crinum plants, but it looks like it might outgrow your tank rather quickly, perhaps a nice Java fern or large anubias would do better in that spot?)

Anyway, I'm just spitballing some suggestions.

I don't think it's off to a bad start though, from what i can tell, your hardscape looks really cool!

post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

ok, forget it, i'm gonna give all the plants to my assistant manager and work with the hardscape first instead of being lazy and expecting magic from nothing, moss tank with stems perhaps?
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Hahahaha ok that works too. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with the subwassertang!

But the hardscape is definitely very cool so yeah, don't get rid of the whole thing!

I think mosses, some stems and crypts would look really nice in this tank. Some java fern could look really good too.

Actually, if having to remove rocks to attach moss to them would totally destroy your hardscape though, I think this tank could look really good with just stems, crypts and java fern, and maybe some echinodorus grass species.

Some of my favorite low light stems are Sunset hygro, hygro difformis, ambulia, Lindernia rotundifolia (one of my newest additions) and pennywort (hydrocotyle sp.) They are all a nice mix of shapes and colors too.

post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

i can't keep hygro alive (maybe bad sources) i am actually gonna revamp the hardscape too though, i got a project for tonight!!!!! six pack+wet hands= good friday night...
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Hahahahaha ok fair enough. I agree, i love cracking open a cold one (or 3) when i have serious tank work to do!

Be sure to post pictures of the new hardscape so we can give plant suggestions!

If you want i can give you some of my sunset hygro to try, i have just over .5wpg in my 30g tank and the stuff is neon pink! I think the key is that i leave my lights on for like 14 hours. But anyway, mine is well acclimated to low light, so it might be worth a shot?

Let me know!

post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

that'd be awesome!
post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

No problem!

post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

BETTA ALBIMARGINATA? anyone breed them or keep them? i want them super bad. will they handle a 12g?
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 AM
Planted Tank Guru

As Phoenix-cry, she's breeding them and should know all about them. Do a search for threads started by her or for betta albimarginata and you'll see her thread about them I don't know if she has any babies ready for sale or not but she'll definitely be able to tell you how they'd do in a 12 at least!

post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
F22
Planted Tank Guru

Ehhh, too late. Ordered from my wholesaler. Ill have them tomorrow. Pics soon. Haha

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode