This tank started out as a No Tech project, the hope was that it would receive enough sunlight from the window behind it to keep some floaters and java moss. It did not, all of the surplus floaters that I put in the tank died off. I never added Java Moss to the tank and I'm glad now.
So about a week ago I decided that I wanted to add a light to the tank, then for whatever reason I was looking online at refuge hang on boxes powered by an air pump so I have two of those hanging on the side of the tank. I've gone a little bit Betta crazy so I'll have a Betta in each of the refuge as well as one in the tank itself.
For the filter I am going to either use a sponge filter, or turn a small refuge/Breeder Box into a filter. Depending on the size of the sponge filter I ordered but I'm leaning more to the box anyways.
I'm going to run DIY Yeast Co2 for now, above is the bulk of the system laid out. The small bottle is the bubble counter/gunk collector, and from there it will go to the tank. The 2 liter bottle will hold the yeast and be connected into the gang valve. I plan to have a 2nd 2 Liter bottle in the system that I will start after a week so the system should never depressurize and its a five port gang valve because that is what I had already.
Next up is plants. I think this tank would look really cool with grass in it. The hope is that I will be able to carpet Dwarf Hairgrass and it will grow over a lot of the plastic Toy Soldiers. I also want to have some Anubias growing on the Driftwood, I'm also considering planting some Needle Leaf Java fern on that piece of wood as well. For floaters it will be a mixture of the plants I have already, Red Root Floaters, Dwarf Water Lettuce, Frogbit, and maybe some Salvinia Minima.
-Black Diamond Blasting Sand 20-40
-Various River Pebbles (Dollar Store bag)
- Dwarf Hairgrass
- Various Anubias
- Various Floaters (Red Root Floaters, Dwarf Water Lettuce, Frogbit)
-3 Betta (1 in the tank, and 1 in each refuge)
-4 White Cloud Minnows (in the tank, they look like a golden coloration)
The tank should be cycled already as its been up for about 2 months now. It was running without a filter during that time but the filter should become established decently quick.
In the next couple days I will be planting the plants pictured above, and setting up the CO2. I'll also be trying to hide the temperature probe and the CO2 diffuser behind the rock. The heater should be here tomorrow and I hope to hide that behind the driftwood. I also hope to play around with the small breeder box filter in the next few days.