bcdudley's 100G tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
bcdudley's 100G tank

This is a new 100g tank I just picked up as a trade.

Here is a picture of what the guy before me had it set up as. You can't really tell, but the stand is in pretty rough shape. It is scratched up pretty bad and the support boards in the back are all broken. The color is pretty faded as well.

Here are some pictures of me rebuilding it. I replaced the support boards in the back as well as added 1"x1" boards at all four corners for extra support. I also added some extra support boards in the front as well as stripped it down to bare wood and refinished it a nice color.

I will add more pics as I go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Green024
Niiice, he threw in the tall stump with the trade!

Any plans on the equiptment you will be using?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pimp #420
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Nope, no sumps. I have an Eheim 2217 and a Fluval 304 that I hope will be enough filtration. I also have a couple large power heads that I will plumb in so they will not be visible under the tank to provide mroe circulation. I will eventually be running pressurized co2 with a Rex Grigg style reactor and a heater stuck inside the reactor for a diy combo deal. My next project is to build a canopy for this tank. It will house 4-6 T5 HO 48" lights as well as the ballast and all other related equipment (timers, power distribution boards, etc.). The tank will be moderately planted and I plan to have dwarf cichlids and a few schools of tetras. Dwarf cichlids will include some combination of Rams, Kribs and Cacatuoids.

I just realized you said stump and not sump, lol. Yes he did throw it in. He said he found it floating in a local lake. I am assuming it is ok to use it. He said he has had it in his tank for a long time. It is more of a log than a stump, but I think it will still look nice.

Last edited by bcdudley; 01-10-2010 at 07:13 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

New pics of the tank setup in test mode.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode