I am the definition of the word "rookie", but that has not stopped me from in head first! I am 100% new to the scene. All the knowledge I posses is a result of my ADD medicine, procrastination, Reddit and impulse buying.
I have dubbed this tank "The Debt Creator". What money I did (and don't) have, is now in the form of glass, greenery, stone, and soil.
- 12 Gallon Long (~36"x8''x9'') - This is where it began. While "studying" I stumbled across a picture on the web. Fell in love. And the rest is history - From: (TrueAqua)
- 2x Fennix 36" Stingrays - (Amazon)
- 20" LED Backlight - (Amazon)
-Eheim Classic 150 (2211) - (Amazon)
-No Name Input/Output Lily Pipes - (Amazon)
- 24oz Paintball Tank - (Academy)
- On/Off Valve - (Amazon)
- Milwaukee MA957 Regulator and solenoid - (Amazon)
- Aquatek Co2 Hosing - (Amazon)
- Inline Diffuser - (Amazon)
- Drop Checker - (Amazon)
- Brass Check Vakve - (Amazon)
- 2x15lb Brightwell Aquatics FlorinVolcanit Plant Substrate Extra Fine Rio Cafe - (DrsFosterSmith)
- 2x 2Kg ADA La Plata Decorative Soil - (AFA)
- DIY Inline Heater using Hydor 50W - (Friend/My own two hands)
- Excel Trace Elements - (Amazon)
- GLA KH2PO4 - (GLA)
- GLA KNO3 - (GLA)
- Spiderwood - (Ebay)
- 15lbs Seiryu Stone - (Manzanita)
- DIY cover for existing desk - (Me, myself, and I)
- DIY Aquarium Mat
- Adhesive Free Frosted Glass Film - (You guessed it, Amazon)
Now lets begin:
As of today I have almost collected all my orders. The apartment front office knows me by name and apartment number with the amount of trips I made up there so far.
Not Yet Delivered:
- The Aquarium (ETD 02/01/16)
- Substrate (ETD 02/03/16)
- Sand (TBD
- GLA Ferts (ETD 02/01/16)
- Stone (TBD
So the space this tank will reside is atop my desk. The issue with said desk is the space below it. There is no back where I could tuck the wires/piping/equipment/etc. to keep it a clean install.
I set out on a little DIY project:
Here is the space I am working with:
Using a 4'x10'' piece of pine wood, black project foam board, staples, and hot glue, I put together this beauty
And here it is installed beneath the space
It fits perfectly in the space and slides easily out to the side to access its contents. This is where I will house the filter, co2, piping, and wires for the system.
Well, thats it for today. I will be updating this journal very regularly. I apologize in advance for the immense number of questions I will ask.
Thanks for your time! And remember, GEAUX TIGERS