My 55g Angel Tank Journal (56k warning) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
My 55g Angel Tank Journal (56k warning)

Here is my tank a couple of months ago before the big move to downstairs and the light/heater failure.
I am a complete Neophyte, and I know nothing about planted tanks. My cup is completely empty and I am ready to fill it up , slowly and drink from that cup.
The substate is a bit mixed up, as you can see from above, it was nice and and uniform. but my grandmother forced me to move the tank downstairs, which equates to carrying a nearly empty tank down the stairs with substrate in it. A mudslide.

The new newest photos are my latest attempt at this hobby. I started to get discouraged from this hobby after decline in care towards my tank, by me and my family.

I decided to take some time in my break and work on my tank, here is the result. I got some plants from my aunt who also is into planted aquariums.
Advice, criticism, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Below: my moss wall that never completely took off, but I think it was getting there. then systematic failure to entire tank takes place.

My light that I found at a local goodwill in roseville. $2.50. A better light than I had, but only to find out it is a bit dangerous. Holding my breath for now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you,

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
this is a very interesting tank.. is it acrylic? i really like the eurobracing did you get it like that?

4 * 8 * 15 * 16 * 23 * 42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to texas9850
looks good. You doing any CO2? i just re-did my 55 also so when it settles i`ll post pics also.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaH View Post
this is a very interesting tank.. is it acrylic? i really like the eurobracing did you get it like that?
I got it from a friend about a year ago for 100 bucks. I have no idea what he did to get it. he keeps telling me its custom but I didn't think anything of it.
What is eurobracing?

Thank you,

Eric
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas9850 View Post
looks good. You doing any CO2? i just re-did my 55 also so when it settles i`ll post pics also.
No co2 yet, but I will be setting it up. I do DIY co2, I have a huge scuba tank that has been retrofitted for co2 but the valves and stuff seem to be too much. so DIY seems just right for now.

Thank you,

Eric
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

One breeding pair of angels mated, they laid eggs. but the eggs disappeared.... do they eat them sometime? if so, why?

Thank you,

Eric
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
It´s common for them to eat them when they first start spawning. Some of them are not good at guarding and they fall prey to other fish. Other times they just eat them the first couple times they lay eggs before taking into parenthood. If you want to raise the fry it´s best to give the pair their own tank
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

What color were the eggs?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode