Noli's World - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Noli's World

25 Galon planted tank

Heyy guys!!!Hello from istanbul! That's my tank. İts gonna be planted tank. İ need your advices and comments.

İ have mussel sand on my floor. And i want cabomba caroliana, elodea densa anubias species in my tank. İ have 36 watt lighting. İs it enough for a low tech tank? Should i use floor fertilizer for that plants. And who can help me for decorative solves to my tank.

İ have 3 rasbora and 2 barbus for now. How many fish enough for that tank? thanks for now!!!
Best regards...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
A few comments.. I am not sure what mussel sand is, if it is made of shells it is not good - it will make the water too hard. Likewise, the shells you have in the tank will also make the water hard. The rasboras, in particular, like soft water.

The wattage is probably enough for Anubias and for Cryptocoryne, not for Elodea and Cabomba. I am not an expert on this matter, though. At that level of light, very little fertilizer will be needed. If youhave a moderate number of fish - say, 15 small fish the size of the Rasboras - you probably will not need any fertilizer at all.

This is one man's opinion. Others may disagree.

Beautiful wood!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks for comments friend!Yeah it made of shell. İ will change my sand with time. İ liked prodac's fertil peat plates and fondovivo. Any advice for thats fertilizers? Maybe i can put them to the floor and change my sand slowly with them. İ want to add 7 neon to my tank. İ m waiting my water. i hope i will have a good planted tank. java moss good choice for my wood? Or riccia? Whichone you think?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Again, neons like soft water, so I would change to quartz sand very soon. Java moss would be much easier to grow in the low light you have and also much easier to attach.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah right. Neon very sensitive fish. And they like soft water i know. İ already change my sand step by step with time. But i have to say my rasboras liked my water and they like soft water as well. İt is interesting. And i have to add that i have activated carbon in my Eheim 2213. So i heard no good for planted aquariums. But my friend use carbon and he has anubias kinds and he doesnt use liquid nutrients. İ must say his fishes and plants so healthy. What i have to do? İ want to use carbon too.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
You can use AC, unless you use liquid fertilizers. Some people disagree, but it works fine in my tank. I like the hardscape by the way!

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Right Jake i want to use too AC. İ tried without carbon my old tank and my fishes and plants were unhealthy. İ thought floor fertilizers can be better for plants and fishes. Carbon really important for good water i think so.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode