Heligrin's 10G RCS/CRS tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Heligrin's 10G RCS/CRS tank

Hey,
So this is my first journal, but it is not my first tank. I have a 55G high tech that went threw a long growing process: Excel--> DIY CO2 ---> Pressurized within a month haha.

I dunno what got my interested in shrimp, but i think it is so cool that you can breed them and have vast colonies of shrimp within a small tank. I decided it wouldn't be that expensive to creat a tank so i set forth and bought one of those aquenon deluxe 10G kits, which isnt that bad for what you get: heater, an ok hood, nice HOB filter for shrimp, and of course the tank, only for about 60 bucks too.

I used eco-complete for my substrate. I had some left over flourite from when i set up my 55G so i put it on the bottom of the tank to reward roots that reach the bottom.

Filling up --- Bad picture sorry

I used my newly bought glosso for this tank after my loaches decided to uproot everything. I gave up trying to carpet that tank and will have to think of something else to fill the massive void in the middle of my 55G.
The culprits:

All filled up. Very happy with how the eco complete left no dust in the water.

The tank is looking bare because i plan on transfering the cuttings from my 55G into this one. The glosso needs to carpet, which may take awhile, and my flame moss needs to grow in as well.
My main concern is with the lighting. I dont know if it will be good enough to get good growth. I think its a 17W full spectrum light, not sure.
I also plan on dosing excel, but what other nutrients should i dose?

Ill keep it updated with growth progression.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode