I've decided to completely re-do my 29 Gallon. (Mainly because I finally got rid of the Goldfish that were tearing my plants apart.) My friends are saying, "I can't believe you'd re-do a tank just so you can have plants!" And I reply, "Pfft, plants are the only way to go!"
Anyways, I need some serious help here, because this tank is going to be high tech and a lot of work. I'm going to be completely emptying the tank and adding new substrate, new filter systems, new lighting, everything!
I've only got planning right now to do, since I won't even be starting the tank re-scape until after I get back from Christmas Break. Just to give you guys an idea of what I'm doing, I'll show a few inspirational images.
As you can see I'm going for the heavily planted look. This tank will most likely just have a bunch of schooling fish, Oto's, and Cory's.
Here's what I'm thinking so far: (Please help me answer the questions in the Parenthesis)
- Substrate: 2 Bags of Eco-Complete (Will this be enough? Do you think I should use something other than Eco-Complete?)
- Filtration: (Totally a toss up, I can't decide between an Eheim Canister, or just a simple HOB filter. I need opinions on what would be best for a planted tank which will have CO2.)
- Lighting: Catalina Solar T5 30 Inch 4x24W Lighting System
- CO2 System: Either a Sumo CO2 Regulator, or a Complete CO2 System from another location. (Honestly, I know nothing about CO2 Systems, so I kind of just need advice for the best choice for me.)
- Heater: If I go Canister Filter, then I'd like to get a Hydor Inline Heater, but if not, what's the best option?
Thanks guys for any help you can offer! I'll post regularly as changes are made to the tank so that I can keep you all updated!