Here is a before shot:
The tank was an algae bomb. It got ten times worse after this picture. I inherited the tank from a buddy. It had plain gravel, no fertilizers being used but good filtration and lighting.
I completely tore down the tank yesterday.
Here is the shot this morning after the redo:
Now, the substrate is a local brand of oil-dry that is pure clay. I am using DIY co2.
I had to trash all the plants that were in the tank except the huge patch of java lace fern that is on the right.
I got 10 mondo grass and 12 hornwort to add to it. I plan on getting a bunch of hair grass to do a lawn in the open space.
There are 4 harlequin rasboras, a cherry barb and a neon that came with the tank in there right now. (the eheim canister filter was left with water in it and circulating from a bucket of old tank water while the tank was torn down to preserve the biological filtration).
Plans for livestock are to find someone to take the cherry barb, get 8 more harlies and some cherry shrimp.
Hope you like it!