my new terrarium - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to paulrw
my new terrarium

i purchased this zoomed naturalistic small terrarium about 1 year ago and used great stuff spray foam and built a nice waterfall and land and water sections then carved it all nice then proceeded to cover it all in silicone and coconut fiber which looked great then i found out the silicone i used,silicone2 anti mold and mildew was no good and the terrarium went into the closet and not thought about until a few weeks ago. i started looking into rebuilding the terrarium. i used zoomed hydro balls on the bottom and then a plastic screen and on top a layer of coco fiber then sphagnum moss .the back round is zoomed cork "bark" i got a bromeliad from Lowe's to start with and a piece of mopani wood. behind the cork is a marineland utility pump with a sponge filter attachment I'm planning on making a waterfall still. the bottom of the tank was filled with water to cover the hydroballs creating a water table. now some questions! does anyone have any ideas on fertilization, ways to combat mold,or fungus if they arise? plant suggestions? fauna suggestions? i have a 26w ott cfl in a cone reflector the inside is white. will this be enough light or will i need to upgrade? any critiques or comments would be appreciated. thanks for looking!

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ter.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	16304  

Name:	ter2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	16305  

Name:	ter3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	16306  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode