JFrank's Expo 10 Gal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
JFrank's Expo 10 Gal

Hey guys its me again! I recently took down the 90 to prop plants in and try to breed angels. This is my newest set up, ten gallon tank with two T8 15watt bulbs, no co2, ehiem filter, and soil base topped with eco complete. Let me know your thoughts either negative or positive! Its been up for 2 weeks.

Check it:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Reminds me of Lion King. Looks beautiful btw.

better yet:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Really cool! Nice clean scape!

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
Very nice, maybe hide the heater better?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
It does look like lion king!

Great work!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

No doubt. I set it up for the Elkhart Biz-ness expo, we are setting up a booth and i wanted to do a planted and an African cichild tank so im not going to use a heater when its there. Ill prolly hide it behind the balansae when it grows thicker. And it does look like the lion king! Isn't it crazy how you subconsciously find inspiration?

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
It does look like Pride Rock! (don't ask me how I remember that ). You got anything in here other than the Cardinals?

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Very beautiful. It does look a lot like Pride Rock.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
It does look like Pride Rock! (don't ask me how I remember that ). You got anything in here other than the Cardinals?
Why yes Adam i do have other fish. I just picked up some rummy noses, a blue face borelii, and four amano shrimp from the store. But you already knew that. I also have an upside down cat in there too.

Quote:
Very beautiful. It does look a lot like Pride Rock.
Why thank you sewingalot! I appreciate the support!

New pic after cleaning it up a bit and messing with the camera settings.

Random Anubias flowering pic.

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

A couple more pics .

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Are those rummies? They make the tank perfect. I love how the balansae drapes like that over the water. Are they hard to take care of?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Beautiful!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
I love how the balansae drapes like that over the water. Are they hard to take care of?
Balansae? No just care for it like any other crypt and itll love you for it!

Quote:
Beautiful!
Thanks Ariel!

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (47/100%)
I LOVE the crypt balansae. You did a really great job on this tank. It's neither overdone nor underdone. It's just right!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
You did a really great job on this tank. It's neither overdone nor underdone. It's just right!
Thank you Amazonfish! That was my plan. Too much can detract the viewer from the scape and not enough makes it feel boring. I tried to balance the two and create nice focal points.

Check it:

Other tanks:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode