Marimoball's ada 75p - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Marimoball's ada 75p

I have been so busy with the local club so don't post here often but Im back. Well here is another new thread. This my ADA 75P.
Equipement
ADA 75P 42 gallon original tank (not the new high clarity)
Black stand
ADA Solar I 150watt (ADA 8k bulb) metal halide pendant/ custom light bar
Pressurized Co2 with Rinoxx diffuser
Fluval 404 canister filter/ glass lily pipes
Hydor inline 300watt heater
ADA power sand
ADA bacter
ADA tourmaline
ADA Amazonia 50% used 50% new
Pfertz root tabs
Seriyu stones
i think thats all.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
No way, you're back? Wooo Hooo! Welcome back Marimo, keep us updated with lots of pics.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
In the third to the last picture i was like damn you sure your tank is not high clarity?
Then i realized there really was no tank...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
THis looks like it will be a good project.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RianS View Post
In the third to the last picture i was like damn you sure your tank is not high clarity?
Then i realized there really was no tank...
Very funny.
The bar needs to be cut to size. I added the power sand, tourmaline, and bacter but no substrate yet.
Still sinking the wood.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok the tank is now partially planted. I did not use the ADA stone cuz I felt it was too small for this tank. This stone has nice texture, color, and proportion. Here are some pics of the build.

Rock placement first. These stone would be nice for and Iwagumi but the would have to be larger. Added the Pfertz root tabs.

Added the driftwood which had been soaking in a tub outside for 2 months and added one final layer of Amazonia to soften the edges around the stone as well as lock the stone and wood in place.

Slow fill with RO water

Aded plants and hooked up CO2, timer, light, and filter. Still need an inline heater, Lily Pipes and a mid ground plant.

Plants include dwarf hairgrass, rotala sp green, rotala walichi, rotala indica, didiplis diandra, star grass and a new plant on the left background. Bolbitis needle leaf java fern, and fissidens on the some of the wood.

Still looking for a mid ground plant. maybe a green crypt, blyxa, or lobelia caedinalis or any suggestion.

I will def have an army of ottos some snowball shrimp, dario dario, and about 30 green neons or 40 to 50 ember tetras.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
Very nice. That wood goes really well with those rocks. They both have similar angles.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Very nice. That wood goes really well with those rocks. They both have similar angles.
Thanks I really like the stones too. They are from a local area. A fellow SCAPE member gave me the stones.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
God I wish we could get wood like that in NZ , and I would have to agree about the rocks, can't wait to see it fill in
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Yet another great scape Victor!
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
The tank looks like it's off to an anwesome start
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
cool tank I'm loving that hair grass

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
I love how the stones are arranged, but TBH the wood could use some work so that it doesn't look so much like a bouquet. JMHO

-Chris

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
I love how the stones are arranged, but TBH the wood could use some work so that it doesn't look so much like a bouquet. JMHO
Good eye CL. I totally agree with you. The wood is not complete. Im still looking for more manzanita that is shorter in order to have it arraged toward the foreground. Thanks everyone for the compliments but it is only 50% finished.

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
just read your 120P Iwagumi thread. great read. Love all you tanks. Great inspiration for my frist rimless planted tank, i try and research too the max whenever i do anything...thanks!! One quick question, About how high is your solar 1 from the tank?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode