In between times - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
In between times

This is just a temporary tank, until I have time to do a proper rescape. No fish, moderate lighting (110 watts raised way off the surface of a 40g), and lots of CO2. I'm aiming for slow healthy growth and I'm trying to heal a number of plants I nearly killed recently during a move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
I like it the way it is. It looks very natural!

Last edited by Centromochlus; 06-14-2010 at 01:26 AM.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I like it too. There's something about the chaotic, unplanned, look of a collectoritis tank that really appeals to me.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

A seemingly endless battle with green water and subsequent blackouts has really beat down on this tank pretty hard, but finally I have won! I present to you, the best looking tank I've had since the middle of last year

Nothing too fancy, but it is such a relief to finally have a tank that has visual appeal instead of being an eyesore.

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Wish my problems were as simple as green water. You can fix that with a UV steralizer.

I like the tank a lot, just as it is. It looks like a section of Texas prairie in the spring before the wildflowers start to bloom.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I somehow missed your comment back in jan, Houstonhobby. Thanks for the kind words!

Here is an update, the tank has managed to morph into an actual aquascape of sorts:

I want to expand the erio 2 area, and there is some Bacopa salzmanii on the right side that can't be seen in the photo. That, and the right side turned into Erio goias storage, but I hope to change that soon...

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Edwards View Post
I like it too. There's something about the chaotic, unplanned, look of a collectoritis tank that really appeals to me.
I agree. Some of my favorite tanks are overgrown. Maybe there's a piece of driftwood, or rocks, but finding them is a 'Where's Waldo' experience.

Interested in Science? Want to learn more about what's happening inside your aquarium? Join SEAR and get started. PM for more details!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
what foreground plants are those "chaingrass" ??
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

The foreground is microsword 'mini', and the lighter areas are UG. The two have grown together and it would take some major surgery to separate them.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
What is that stuff in the back left. Tank looks solid.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)
Looking realy good.

38gal. Tetras Forest.

10gal. Jungle Low Tech.

10gal. Planted Aquarium, 38gal. Planted Aquarium.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks! The plant in the back is just Limnophila aromatica, it stays pretty green in this tank.

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
It looks good.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks Jason.

I'm working on my photography and GIMP skillz...

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
WOW huge improvement from 5 mos. ago! Love the espei too, one of my favs

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode