The Mighty Cakeasaurus's 5g Galaxy Brood. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
The Mighty Cakeasaurus's 5g Galaxy Brood.

Bwaaahahahahaha! You have stumbled into the mighty Cakeasaurus's lair of tanky-dom! Tremble mortals!

Okay, sillyness aside .

Decided to make a Journal for my 5g while my 20 and 10s grow back in .

It's a standard "kit" from walmart that I picked up for my birthday a while back, simply because it was cheaper then buying all the pieces one at a time.

I had a big bag of playsand left over from my puffer tank, though I would have prefered some darker substrate for this 5g, it's starting to grow on me, and it was cheaper :P.

Everything in the tank was just left over plants and rocks and the like from the bigger tanks.

It started out like this, when I got it.

Just tossed some moss in there and the African water fern, and called it a night.

And yes, that's Master Chief sitting gaurd :P.

I tossed the plastic cup in there when I got the Galaxy Rasbora, since the current seemed a lot stronger for them then their old tank at the store, they were struggling a lot, so when I put that in there, they all zoomed into it for a while to rest until they realized there was no current behind the fern, Lol.

Well, last night I finally got off my lazy butt and scaped it.

There are the Galaxies exploreing the new scape :P.

Theres uh .. x-mass moss, Riccia, African Water Fern,what I think is baby tears? and some other various plants in there, wasn't really takeing stock, just had some extras and tossed it in, along with some floaters just to see how they do in there for fun.

Lots of snails. Hopefully my pufferes will get more adept at eating them [they seem confused by them, but they're still pretty young].

Anywho, just made this thread so I can keep track of this tank as it grows .

Here's an extra shot that I thought looked kinda neat, had the in tank lights off, and one of my over heads turned up towards the ceiling while looking for something.

Now time for Galaxy shots!

Cause they're awesome and you know it's why you came into this thread ;P.

They're so zippy, I'm surprised I got any decent shots of them! :P

I'll be snapping better pictures of the tank when I get more used to this new camera, and maybe when more growth happens .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

Great looking specimens. They don't always look so colorful. Would love to get some if I could be certain to get good ones.

AB
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I actually got mine from Pet Shanty up in uh ..Scotch Plains. It's kinda dinky looking from outside, but they had tooons of amazeing fish and plants. When I was there They had about 5-8 left, I think.

They were 3/15$, and they've colored up even more since they've gotten more comfortable in the tank.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Breeding!

Well, my male and one of my females have been courting over the moss for about 10-20 minutes now after they ate a few hours ago.

I'm excited, perhaps they'll actually spawn within the month :].

It was really cool to watch.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode