Here is an update on my tank.
Since last update, I've done a number of things.
#1) I had to move the tank temporarily, until the "big move" to the living room (coming in several weeks). While I changed the layout a little, I'm saving major changes until the next move.
#2) I'm pretty much sticking with the "Nova Extreme HO T5 lighting (2 x 39w)" for lighting. I've been advised that this should be more than enough for this tank.
#3) I've started dosing with Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Potassium, and Flourish Nitrogen.
#4) I'm moving back to St. Paul city water
. Had been using RO water purchases at LFS.
#5) I've added a used Eheim 2227 (purchases off Ebay). I've disabled the "float" mechanism
on this, so the "Wet/Dry" trickle system is no longer working.
#6) I've connected my Red Sea CO2 system directly to the Eheim filter, but I'm not sure if its working yet. I'm planning on building a DIY bubble counter and adding another DIY CO2 reactor to the set-up.
I'm seeing some plant growth, but still not much. My amazon swords never seem to do anything. Maybe, I'm just too impatient.