I thought it looked pretty cool with the driftwood and the sand...
Thanks me too, I kind of wished I hadn't messed with that at first. And as you can see, it's kind of heading back that way.
The problem I find when using large pieces of wood in a small tank is that I run out of planting space too quickly. Well placed crypts work well in the long term.
I'm keeping an eye on this.
Thanks! Yeah I had to take out the wood, too big! And I am going with crypts too!
Ok, it has changed a lot. I just was not satisfied with what I had there, so I've been tinkering with this everyday.
I got some cross stitching plastic mesh from wal-mart to attach java moss to for a background. I had to switch to some plastic garden fencing for the front because the plastic mesh didn't have big enough holes. It seems to work fine though.
That piece of driftwood was just too big for that tank. I didn't have any room at all. So I put it in my 75 gallon and found this other little piece at my LFS. I had to trim it alittle to get it to fit in the corner like it is. But I had to have a mountain for the shrimp I plan to keep and I also needed to block out the heater and filter intake somehow too.
I planted a couple of red wednti crypts in the front corners too, and they are really going to town. I hope to find some spiral crypts or some other green crypt to go along the back wall in front of the java moss wall to give it more texture.
I also, moved the fluortie around so it is only where I will plant the crypts. And the rest will get a coat of the pool filter sand when I'm done scaping. I know it will probably mix over time, but it's better than the solid fluorite look for now. And the micro sword is not dying, but not doing much either, I'll just keep it as long as it stays, lol.
I wanted to leave the elodea in the back left corner, but is was getting messy, and sheding a lot of the lower, older leaves. But I put a pic at the end to show how much it grew.
So anyway here it is now...