10 years of stumbling .. - Page 14 - The Planted Tank Forum
 360Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #196 of 209 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 05:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Ammannia praetermissa / Red Nesaea (Family Lythraceae) can be a tough one!
ipkiss likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Growing is not that difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 209 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Yea. That was probably couple weeks ago. Got annoyed and lopped it all off. This is with the midweek erratic, behind on my water change, haphazard dosing.

Photobombing rainbow included

I am realizing that I have nowhere near enough light to blast it back to its original red state from the store's tank.

Btw hoping you may be able to identify these, @Maryland Guppy , it was sold as "stellatus", no other details!
Greggz and sittinglynx like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ipkiss; 08-26-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: formatting
post #198 of 209 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Pogostemon stellatus !
ipkiss likes this.

Growing is not that difficult.

post #199 of 209 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks!

post #200 of 209 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Guppy View Post
Pogostemon stellatus !
Thanks. What made it more interesting was that I got it in emersed form and took weeks to get it to the state you see.
Maryland Guppy likes this.

post #201 of 209 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 09:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
And finally, nothing like hearing Gregg's chiding voice when I'm slacking on my water change. Delayed by a week, but was pushed out this morning.
LOL that's a good one.

I guess I have mentioned maintenance and water changes on more than one occasion.

Good to see pics of tank. Everything is looking great!
ipkiss likes this.

---
---
post #202 of 209 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

2019-08

Morning all!

So, got to apologize first, pics are sort of more noisy/blurry than usual. Messed up phone camera settings and didn't notice how cruddy until photos were uploaded.

News wise, front loading micros experiment was officially a bust. Sorry @Grobbins48 . At least in this tank, I don't think I can go more than 2 days without micros. A day skipped is pretty safe, but hesitant to play with 2 days. Consistent micro fert'ing brought me back to this (Front loading macros still works of course) :

"red nesaea" compared to a few weeks back... it was NOT happy.

pogostemon stellatus is turning into one of my favorites

Trying to make the flamingo farm a little better. Realized back in January, I tweaked and lowered the dose of my gh booster. Was rewarded with steady declining crypts and the flamingos were no exception. The slow decline made me not realize how badly they suffered until I scrolled back in the journal. As the flamingos were making a comeback thanks to some osmocote pellets, I noticed that the leaves were still all curled lengthwise. Guessing it to be a possible calcium issue, I bumped up the gh booster a bit and there seem to be some life now. Let's see where the upcoming weeks take us.

Finally, full tank shot after some much needed trimming. Not too visible but there was a lot "brush clearing" to create "elbow room" (or is it "leg room" in this case?) in the hidden areas. The jungle look was pretty but it was melting lloydelias and rotala ramosiors at the bottom half stem. Now there's a back channel between the last row of stems and the moss wall for fresh co2 water to sluice through and it seems to have improved the situation some.

BBA wants its time in the sun too .. yea, I get it too.

Can't raise jellyfish, so frogbit will have to do. This guy floats around...

And finally, some parting shots of photobombing fish.

post #203 of 209 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:49 AM
KZB
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
The controlled madness you got going in your tank really makes a relaxing sight to see. That's the goal I am trying to reach but I am still trying to find a balance. With light co2 and ferts. Been doing this over 5 years and still feel like walking a tight rope. More like fell off tight rope more often than I would like. Lol
Greggz and ipkiss like this.

"Just keep swimming Just keeping swimming" -Dory
post #204 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

In magenta sky
Fuchsia plants bask in glory
Florida Sunset

post #205 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Beautiful tank and sunset, and nice haiku!
ipkiss likes this.
post #206 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Great photo with the matching sunset, we don't see photos like that very often.
ipkiss likes this.

post #207 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Yup. Couldn't believe what I was seeing myself! That moment lasted about 2 minutes before it went darker. 2 minutes earlier and it was a little too peach.
Ken Keating1 likes this.

post #208 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

very cool picture!
ipkiss likes this.

|
|
|
|
post #209 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post

In magenta sky
Fuchsia plants bask in glory
Florida Sunset
That is absolutely stunning ipkiss.
ipkiss likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode