70 gallon work-in-progress - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
70 gallon work-in-progress

Hello all, I am new to this site but new to the hobby. I recently bought a 70 gallon tank to up grade from a 55. The 55 was never ment to be a premeditate thing, I actually down graded from 150 to the 55. The only reason I am not using the 150 still is 1. i moved and dont really have the space (yet), and 2. it was to much for to maintain levels where i wanted them such as CO2 and my EI dosing. This was mainly the groups of guys i was getting all my help from pretty much disbanded and i was left to figure it out on my own. Well with this new tank I still plan on going with the High Tech setup, and i figured now that life is slowing down abit i can really try to maintain everything where it needs to be. The tank is set up with fona and flora in it, i have bee doing some looking around at new plants and plan to order soon. I need to make sure i have a CO2 tank first. I am taking abit different approach with lighting, before (on the 150) i had 2 four bulb T5 fixtures lighting the tank and was getting really good growth and amazing color when it was at its peak. Now im usng only one T5 fixture and i just bought 2 Kessil LEDS. The filter is the same as before, a fluval FX5.

I hope to network with some of the more experienced guys here so i can get some questions answered about EI dosing and how to properly maintain GH and PH together. I do understand the basic principal of chemistry, I have a 120 Reef tank that does CAL and ALK in. So any help and guidance is appreciated.

70g planted tank
120g reef tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
So a little update here. I bought a CO2 tank and regulator yesterday and got it setup. Right now am at about 1.5 bubbles per second and the co2 turns on and hour before the lights come on and an hour after the lights go off. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I do plan on starting to dose EI soon (basically waiting for water change). Also how much should i be dosing for for a 70 gallon tank? Any help is greatly appreciated.

70g planted tank
120g reef tank

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode