Hi everyone, thanks for having a look
: A lot has happened:
New: Plants, Fish, Hardscape, Equipment -> Everything is in
and he was kind enough to pass me for free filter muck, java moss (with some on an anubia leaf), christmas moss, japanese moss/cladophora, and phyllantus fluitans.
- Three very nice anubia nanas (maybe petite) from a forum member
- From my LFS Seachem Discus Buffer (Ph is very high in boston), 5 beautiful and i love them, Norman Lampeyes 15$ (recommended by peter), driftwood 10$ and wisteria. I ended up sawing 2 inches off the driftwood as I had underestimated it's size since I was too busy admiring it.
- Java fern Regloh was nice enough to give.
- New lamp clamp with reflector.
- Filter wise I put a sponge on the intake, sawed off a bit of the pipe as it was too long, and replaced the ammonia media with another sponge.
- Rubber bands and polyester thread (couldn't find cotton) and attached the three anubias, the java fern, and the moss using the rubber bands (easier than thread) to the Driftwood.
It looked great, like a flower arrangement and I didn't have my camera. I had two choices, either have the aquarium from high to low from left to right in height, or have the driftwood standing up in the middle, a bit out of the water, and from an "island" around it. I figured that filter flow from my HOB would be better if placed on the left edge, the Lampeyes are loving the current.
You can see what I went with, although the pictures really don't give it justice (especially with the bottle holding down the driftwood), i'll take others when I get my D80 back. In the middle of the driftwood there is an arch, and I decided to dig it out and give the middle a valley effect. I may buy white sand to represent a stream, or grow java moss to represent the stream and a waterfall (the white sand will stand out more against the black eco-complete)
I don't really like all the substrate, what do you guys think ? I think there is too much especially in the front. All in all I am very happy, I honestly didn't plan any of this, it just came together as I looked at the driftwood and the plants, meaning that I made a big mess disturbing the substrate.
Tomorrow I am meeting up with Down-Shift who is kindly letting me go through plants he has (so many kind people here !), I will test the water and put up the results, order christmas moss from Efish , and in two weeks get Red Cherries and/or Tiger Shrimp from Peter.
Hope you didn't mind the length and please leave comments
P.S.: Wow these are terrible pictures, I hope you get an idea of what I'm heading for, I'll repost better pictures tomorrow, I should move the wisteria more to the right to stick to the "triangle" principle (Left to right, Up to down)
Edit: Peter by accident had a shrimp in the plants, hopefully it'll survive the parameters. Driftwood still hasn't sunk, I can't boil I don't have a kitchen.