Oceania down under (75gal) - Page 8 - The Planted Tank Forum
 69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Tank is looking great.

Very nicely presented, and I really like the layout.

Looks like a great home for those healthy looking Bows!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Have to agree with Gregg - tank is looking very nice!
Greggz and Greggz like this.

post #108 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Thanks. Things are growing nicely except for the hair grass, its just sitting there lol. I got a plant I have not seen before, kind of neat its pogostemon stellatus 'octopus' It grows very similar to stellatus, but stays green, and the leaves are longer and narrower. I am trying to get a few more stems of it to fill in. Its just to the right of the normal stellatus. I want something on the very far right, just not sure what yet. The Buce are starting to fill in. The black centipede is really neat looking, almost black leaves. The deep blue is getting some nice bluish metallic color to the leaves. Nice little plants.

Bump: Thanks. Things are growing nicely except for the hair grass, its just sitting there lol. I got a plant I have not seen before, kind of neat its pogostemon stellatus 'octopus' It grows very similar to stellatus, but stays green, and the leaves are longer and narrower. I am trying to get a few more stems of it to fill in. Its just to the right of the normal stellatus. I want something on the very far right, just not sure what yet. The Buce are starting to fill in. The black centipede is really neat looking, almost black leaves. The deep blue is getting some nice bluish metallic color to the leaves. Nice little plants.
Greggz and Greggz like this.

post #109 of 114 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Been a while since I last updated. Got busy with cycling this summer.

Tank is doing VERY well. Algae is now down to almost nil. The BGA outbreak I fought with all summer finally gave about a month ago. Since then, only a little green dust algae on the glass each week. The plants are finally growing well. I only have 1 that is not doing soo great, not sure what is going on with it. I added a few more plants, a few swords (I love my hadi red pearl!!!) And some species of bacopa that gets a very nice pink color on the leaves. The bows are doing fine. I did loose a herbertaxelrodi to a fungus infection that I treated the whole tank for. But the others are doing great. I am very happy with the rubrivittata, they are stunners. deep blue glow. If I get a Christmas bonus I have my eye on some wanamensis that can be traced back to Gary Lange, we will see if I can get ahold of them though.

Anywhoo, here are a few updated pictures. I upgraded my phone, and man its taking some incredible pictures (Pixel 3XL)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vTN9XS6rTBiu9vu37

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WCtUSNtumXFpiSXw8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4TCyc3Ny5gbEbqf59

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JtXfXFWCReEJ1YFS9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FLbbG6fTa5aZJQGD7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SeuPmuaA14JAFhjDA

sorry for the links to the pictures. I will try to get them imbedded at some point.

post #110 of 114 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Nice tank and the fish photos are great! Good to hear the BBA as been reduced substantially.
Noahma likes this.

post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:23 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Hello old friend 🙂

Tank is looking great! Glad to see that you are still enjoying the hobby. We settled into a new home a couple years ago and I decided to jump back in...the new tank is up and running.

Look forward to following your build.
Greggz likes this.

~~~~~~

NIKON Pimp Club #003
post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Hiya all . I am still around, just have been busy again this summer with cycling.

The tank is in a poor state at the moment. I tried a new fert. strat., and well... umm..... I lost about half the plants before I could correct it. I just received a delivery of new plants, so that should be back on track here shortly.

I also have been fighting something in the tank. It has taken out about half my bows. It is presenting as columnaris, but it is slower moving, and attacking mostly the mouths of the bows. I just recently think I might have won the battle, I will see over the next couple months.

Its been a trying time for the tank, but I will get it all back in order as fast as I can. The remaining bows seem to be happy and healthy, they are laying eggs all over the tank, which I always take as a good sign. My plan over the winter is to get the stock back up on the bows, and get some other species from the oceanic area of the world in the tank as well.

No pictures at the moment, I am a bit embarrassed at the state of the tank. More to come at some point lol. The winter is going to be dedicated to my tank more, and My cycling will end up at the back burner until warmer weather. (I HATE riding my trainer in the basement ughh...)
Greggz likes this.

post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Hey good to hear from you.

We all have set backs....it happens.

Looking forward to more updates and pics.

---
---
post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Hey good to hear from you.

We all have set backs....it happens.

Looking forward to more updates and pics.
Its been trying that's for sure, hope things are looking up. Got the new plants in, and settled. Now let's see how well they grow. Most were in the emersed state, so it will take some time to transition. I shifted the stump on the right further back and to the right. Giving me some more room for plants, and hopefully in the near future some bottom dwellers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Desert Pupfish likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode