Planted journal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Planted journal

Thought I would share my attempt at this hobby and hopefully get some pointers on the way. This is a 26 gallon bowfront with an eheim 2213 filtering w/ a 28W Coralife PC and a 15W T8. Eco-complete + sand substrate. The plant list is as follows
Wisteria
crypt wendtii red
java fern
grandifloius sword
dwarf sag
anubias congensis
sag? taller plants in back right
crypts - not sure what kind(in the lower right hand corner)

Im not thrilled with how it looks right now, but not sure where to move stuff, and looking for a few ideas. Shrimp and MTS are the only inhabitants, but am looking toward some small fish in the near future.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0377.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	15045  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Good start. I am not the greatest at aqua-scaping so others will have some suggestions.

I have found the 2213 to be barely adequate for my 20gallon long so I'll be interested to see if you find it adequate for your tank.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I dont know either, I do have a PH I could use if it seemed necessary, but doing without for now.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:19 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
What aren't you happy about? Are there any parts that you are happy with? Look up other tanks you like and copy the layout to get a feel for it. Don't be afraid to get up to your elbows and experiment.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
What aren't you happy about? Are there any parts that you are happy with? Look up other tanks you like and copy the layout to get a feel for it. Don't be afraid to get up to your elbows and experiment.

Agreed.

Look around the forum a bit, find what you like and what you don't like. Take notes, save the pictures, etc. Don't be afraid to "copy" someone's layout - it's not seen as a bad thing here. Plus, you will always add your own twist on the scape, so you're not completely copying them.

Great start though. Aquascaping is all about trial and error. If you don't like it, move it. You just have to find the right balance. Make sure you only change things when you're having a good day though - i once tried modifying an aquascape after i got home from a really bad day at school, and trust me. It just created frustration, lol.

You may want to try sloping the substrate too. You'd probably need a bit more substrate if you wanted to try that though.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Many plants...little time

PTrader: (66/100%)
Good start...and yes trial and error.
I would start by getting some taller plants in both back corners to hide the heater and filter intake.
Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I'll get around to painting that intake one of these days...that should help. I was thinking of splitting the wisteria into the corners to start with and adjust some of the taller plants in the middle and see where that gets me.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode