66g, Planted community tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
66g, Planted community tank

I just moved and can finally fit a tank again, but on a very tight budget. This thread will mostly be to keep track of the progress of the tank (thus the crappy mobile pic). The thread will probably get more interesting the more content I become with the look of this thing ^^

I bought some second hand driftwood and a bunch of granite just to fill it up with something as a starter. I'm gonna keep it like this as the plants grow in and will probably change substrate to sand later on

Its been running for about a month now and my 5 hoplo cats have moved in along with a bunch of neon tetras

The idea atm is to have my java fern grow big in the back, and I will add smaller ferns to the stick in the middle and left. The tank was second hand and apparently only one of the lights are working so there wont be enought to grow more demanding plants

Last edited by Soil; 10-02-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I've done some work on the tank now, found a couple of driftwood pieces I just couldnt pass on, took some gravel out and covered the rest with not quite white sand. I like the tank a lot more now, but it still has ways to go before im content.

The cave like wood piece to the left of the center has lots of java fern rhizomes tied to it, so hopefully it will start sprouting leaves soon. Will be dosing co2 and ferts to boost the growth.

Still a crappy mobile pic but Ill clean it up, get some more fish and plants in there before I dig my camera up from the basement ^^

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode