Markos 20 long: total rescape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
Markos 20 long: total rescape

i decided to do a total rescape of my 20L. im going to make it iwagumi.
just now i went out and bought 3 nice peices of petrified wood. tomorrow i plan on doing the rescape.
plants i plan to use:
glosso
riccia
HC
e. belem
downoi
c. wendtii
stargrass
microsword
a. petite
chain sword
jave fern trident

i will be selling some of my current plants. if anyone wants some c. wendtii (i have too much), cabomba furcata (nice red plant), or r. aragua, or stargrass (too much of that too) let me know.

My Tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
I'm looking forward to some pictures

-Chris

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

ill try and take plenty.

well im thinking im going to do a mix carpet. basically plant the plants in clumps, and let them spread into each other.
any thoughts?

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Many plants...little time

PTrader: (66/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clwatkins10 View Post
I'm looking forward to some pictures

I'll second that

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by @[email protected] View Post
well im thinking im going to do a mix carpet. basically plant the plants in clumps, and let them spread into each other.
any thoughts?
that will be cool as long as you dont use to many taller plants in the tank.
it wont be a traditional iwagumi but it will be so cool looking. it will be like a carpet sampler cant wait for this one.

"Turn on, Tune in, Drop out" Dr. Timothy Leary

WOODSTOCK 40 Years!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

took all day, but im finally there.
i still have some belem to plant that is growing emmersed, but im not doing that today.
here are pics:

look at the texture of the rock!

i have LOTS of extra crypt wendtii left over. and a bunch of other plants. check out my sales thread.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Many plants...little time

PTrader: (66/100%)
Marko,
I would pack that tank with as many plants initially. Add some fast growing stems to soak up nutrients, plant all your crypts and let it ride.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

there is hornwort floating in the tank. that helps with the nutrients.
and after a couple of weeks removing the crypts would uproot everything else (they have HUGE root systems).
plus i still need to plant most of the e. belem and the e. tenelus.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

there was a problem with my ph controller
all my fish are dead

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Sweet rocks! Petrified wood?

Click here to see my dragons ->
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Personally, I'd add more rocks

-Chris

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Ethics
Sorry to hear about your fish. Don't let that discourage you though, you have an amazing looking tank that's just getting started
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Sweet rocks! Petrified wood?
thanks.
yep, petrified wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwatkins10 View Post
Personally, I'd add more rocks
nah, i dont do big hardscapes. i always do tanks with mostly plants and just a bit of hardscape here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethics View Post
Sorry to hear about your fish. Don't let that discourage you though, you have an amazing looking tank that's just getting started
thanks.
yeah, ill keep the tank going.
i dont know what to keep now though. any suggestion?

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

i was in fishtown USA today, and i just couldnt help buying this amazing betta. ill post pics later.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode